Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
    Post Thanks / Like

Crocheting By Using Graph Paper

This was my 1st attempt in this new technique by crocheting with graph paper or crocheting by numbers. This was done with a "J" hook and all half double crochet stitches. I had a request to do the Eiffel Tower afghan for a child that is from France, I got a design from a cross stitch pattern and transferred it to graph paper, now all I have to do is come up with the correct measurements. The color of the tower will be in black and the rest of the afghan will be in lavender, with a variegated purple border around the outside of the afghan. It is not as fast as regular crochet, but worth the extra effort.
    Attached Images Attached Images Crocheting By Using Graph Paper-dscn0687-jpg 
    Crochet Chickadee

2. Likes wenda, ndlnut liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice!!! You are braver than I am LOL!!! Hugs
    Dinah

4. Likes libertylady64 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job! I have thought about doing letters or names but was never sure how to get started. I know you have to use graph paper, but to figure out how to implement that on a sweater or hat is greek to me. Hopefully one day I will be adventurous and try it.

6. Likes libertylady64, DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to try this but I don't know where to even get started or let alone know where to buy the patterns at wenda

Post Thanks / Like
    Look on you tube on Jennifer Greenfield channel, Bethintx1, they all have great videos on how to get started. If you just do a search on the web on crocheting by numbers or graph then it will have several sites where you can find the patterns, a lot will custom a pattern for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by wenda View Post
    I would love to try this but I don't know where to even get started or let alone know where to buy the patterns at wenda
    Crochet Chickadee

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool idea, LL! I like to take quilt squares and transfer them to knitters graph paper for texture using the G-carriage (on the knitting machine).

10. Likes libertylady64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool idea! I bet that would look great!
    Quote Originally Posted by ndlnut View Post
    Cool idea, LL! I like to take quilt squares and transfer them to knitters graph paper for texture using the G-carriage (on the knitting machine).
    Crochet Chickadee

Post Thanks / Like
    Liberty, I just finished an afghan using a graph chart. I had fun doing it. It was a graph of a turtle for a special little one. it turned out just the way I wanted. I didn't do a swatch with the yarn and hook I used, but would think this would give you and idea what the size would be. Good luck and get hookin. If I can get my camera working I will get a pic for you.

13. Likes libertylady64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait to see the afghan!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathys View Post
    Liberty, I just finished an afghan using a graph chart. I had fun doing it. It was a graph of a turtle for a special little one. it turned out just the way I wanted. I didn't do a swatch with the yarn and hook I used, but would think this would give you and idea what the size would be. Good luck and get hookin. If I can get my camera working I will get a pic for you.
    Crochet Chickadee