Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  27
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

A Few That Actually Worked Out! ;)

As I mentioned on another thread here a few minutes ago, this past month, I've spent more time frogging than producing, but here are a few that did work out (mainly the month before that, LOL!). As you can guess, I'm addicted to butterflies. {big grin}

Sorry for the one mega-image: my computer is acting up, so I couldn't get at the smaller version. {scowl}

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job!! Some of the members preview the larger pictures so they can see them - thanks for posting!

Post Thanks / Like
    There are several members who love butterflies so you will have a lot of people wanting the patterns. Love the colors and details of your butterflies. Yes, there are a lot of people who appreciate the big photo so we can see the details.

4. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    So pretty! Are they all the size of the dime? So intricate! Thank you for sharing them with us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    There are several members who love butterflies so you will have a lot of people wanting the patterns. Love the colors and details of your butterflies. Yes, there are a lot of people who appreciate the big photo so we can see the details.
    Me for one !!!! They are awesome! Patty

7. Likes ndlnut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanx, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by OKWTink View Post
    So pretty! Are they all the size of the dime?
    The only other 2 that are the size of a dime are the 2 small ones (to the right and left of center) in the very first picture. The rainbow one's about 1.5" tall, and the pastel variegated one's about 4 inches tall.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, Here are the patterns

Disclaimer: I am not liable for any addiction that may ensue once you start crocheting these (but if you want, we can start a "corner" for all the butterfly-crochet-holix, ROTFL!).

For some of the flutters pictured in my O.P. here, I couldn't recall exactly which patterns I made them from, but here're plenty that should cover it (from various sources around the internet):

Variegated Pastel B'fly

Rainbow B'fly

Smaller B'flies

"Pretzel" Butterfly

Rudimentary Butterflies

I'm pretty sure this

is the bottom b'fly of the first picture (the page also gives you the URL for the written pattern, if you can't be bothered with a longwinded video, LOL!)

More variations

A larger variation of the bottom right b'fly in the first picture

Once you graduate from those, here's one that's industrial strength (click on the image to enlarge it to max size):
    http://vvvmeste.ru/uploads/000a/bc/52/4896-1-f.jpg and for the directional diagram plus some other designs you can make from the same butterfly, check out http://vvvmeste.ru/uploads/000a/bc/52/4896-2-f.jpg Note that you can make yet another, smaller, butterfly from the wingtips of the upper wings.

Matter of fact, this whole site (five 2-die-4 webpages with umpteen gorrrrrjuss b'flies! {swoon}) is a goldmine: http://vvvmeste.ru/viewtopic.php?id=177
    Last edited by ndlnut; 11-04-2013 at 02:47 AM.

10. Likes Ginnie256, Rogue Hobbies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good work! I really hate variegated thread but your items look wonderful
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

12. Likes ndlnut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Larisa. There are some variegated yarns I don't care for, either. But I'm especially partial to the rainbow one (it's called "Mexicana," go figure, LOL!)

14. Likes Ginnie256 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Those are really pretty! My mother loves butterflies and I made a butterfly filet crochet doily for her 7 years ago. Then I framed it to hang on her wall. It was done with a varigated thread and I wish I had used a solid color. It would have shown off the pattern better but oh well, what's done is done. Not sure I'll make another one though as this was a tough pattern. It isn't round or square or something simple like that, it is in the shape of a butterfly!
    Dinah