Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Colorful Granny Afghan I Just Finished

I finally finished this afghan! It's one large granny square. I've been working on it off and on for 8-9 months. I'd pick it up and crochet a row or two, in whatever color I felt like using at the time. Around the middle, I used a 'fringy' yarn, not sure if it's called 'faux fur' or 'eyelash?" It's washable, the rest is in 100% acrylic.

It looks small in the pics but it hangs off 4 inches on my full size bed. The colors are yellow, greens, pink, purple and navy blue.

xx
    Shelley
    Attached Images Attached Images Colorful Granny Afghan I Just Finished-photo-4-jpg Colorful Granny Afghan I Just Finished-photo-1-jpg Colorful Granny Afghan I Just Finished-photo-2-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Very pretty!!! I love to add eyelash yarn to my afghans to give them more texture. Hugs, Dinah
    Dinah

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelley......love the afghan. Looks to me as though all the work was well worth it. Love the colors
    HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelley: I love the granny afghan! And the colors and the eyelash yarn!!!!! Good job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, love the colors and the eyelash yarn, makes it pop.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    oh my gosh I love it!!!!!!
    Happy Crocheting

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow thanks so much y'all for the sweet compliments! You all know how hard we can be on ourselves when it comes to our own work. At first I really didn't like the colors. I'd look at it and think "Gag." I was using up mix-match yarn I had on hand. I didn't want it to be totally square so about mid-way I started adding a few extra rows on each end to make it a rectangle. I finished it off with just one double crochet row all the way around. Personally, I'm not a big fan of fringe. Fringe looks nice but it gets in my face and I'm all about comfort. I would have included more faux fur if I'd had any on hand. I'm very happy with it now that it's finished lol.

I've got to get busy making two bigger afghans, one for each of my 2 grown boys. They're tall, 6'2" and 6'3" and I want them to be able to wrap up in it. I've got all the yarn, at least one will be in a ripple pattern. The ripple looks more like the chevron pattern that is so popular right now, I see it everywhere.

Thanks again for your kind words,
    Shelley

8. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    love, love, love!!!!! creatively done!
    Crochet Chickadee

Post Thanks / Like
    Very very very pretty. I just love the color choices you made. It turned out perfect and even fits a double bed. Cool! You should be very proud of yourself. I thank you for sharing those pics with us. Your friend, Betty Lynn

Post Thanks / Like

Cool great job! need an edging pattern for my own work in progress.

I love your blanket- I make them all the time myself. Do you put a border on them?? or should I say edging on them?? I am currently making a pink granny square for my daughter's bed- Queen size. I made so many & would always forget to snap a few pics- I regret that mistake today because I cannot remember what colors I used for who-- But they are a huge hit with my family.
    If you know of any quick borders- please write me at : cmushy@hotmail.com
    Thanks for sharing.. Connie