Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Prayer Shawl

Post Thanks / Like
    crjc How old is the cutie pie?? Coulours of track is? black/Dk Blue? nosy I am. It sounds so Beautiful and can I ask you to please Pic it when done or even partially ?? Your a Master Crocheter to do this. Good Luck. What a Lucky Boy. Bernat Satin is nice how is it coming?? Hugs Susan MJ

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M J View Post
    crjc How old is the cutie pie?? Coulours of track is? black/Dk Blue? nosy I am. It sounds so Beautiful and can I ask you to please Pic it when done or even partially ?? Your a Master Crocheter to do this. Good Luck. What a Lucky Boy. Bernat Satin is nice how is it coming?? Hugs Susan MJ
    He is 10 yrs. old. He lives in Baton Rouge, LA. The track is a heather grey. The train engine has 3 colours integrated, burgundy/wine, black and a sort of deep rose. The background of the afghan is in a caramel colour. The smoke is a lighter grey and the wheels are in two different colours - gold and that then a pale yellow and then there are parts of white. I sincerely hope I can finish it because all of the others want one. I have 8 GC's. ranging from 24 -6 yrs. I really need God's Grace and Power here. LOL

3. Likes N/A, DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Your prayer shawl is beautiful you did a beautiful job on it and I love the color. Sure wish I could crochet like that maybe one day lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by marsha View Post
    Your prayer shawl is beautiful you did a beautiful job on it and I love the color. Sure wish I could crochet like that maybe one day lol
    I'm a firm believer that you can do anything you set your mind to! I just know you can do it if you try!!!

6. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    crjc May I call you Gcrjc (Grandmacrjc) My are you lucky my dear. Keeps your needles moving I bet. Hope you can see most of them, 10 yr old Baton Rouge, LA and others are they varily close to you or scattered? Dont mean to be nosy just loving the idea 8
    GC how nice. Cant wait to see his Gift of Design, sounds like you have great colours . HUGS Susan M J

8. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    crjc May I call you Gcrjc (Grandmacrjc) My are you lucky my dear. Keeps your needles moving I bet. Hope you can see most of them, 10 yr old Baton Rouge, LA and others are they varily close to you or scattered? Dont mean to be nosy just loving the idea 8
    GC how nice. Cant wait to see his Gift of Design, sounds like you have great colours . HUGS Susan M J

LOl LOL LOL You honour me. Yes you can. Well, My eldest son (I have all boys - no daughters). He has 2 (Boy & Girl) 24 & 23 yrs. of age. The second son, he has 2 (boy & girl) ages 14 & 11(girl - going on 50) and they live here in Canada. The last son has 4 - 3 boys and the last is a girl, ranging in ages from 13 -6 yrs. of age and they live in Baton Rouge. Yes I consider myself very rich and blessed. No. no money in the bank, but God has been, and continues to be extremely good to me. I see His hand and Presence in my sons and their families' lives and I stop with tears in my eyes to say "Thank you Father. Through every hardship, You have remained faithful and true. Your everlasting love, Mercy and Grace have brought me through, brought my sons through and kept us secure." Has life always been easy - I can assure you definitely not. Have the boys messed up? No not alcohol or drugs, but messed up they did, but the prayers of a mother always touches the heart of a Heavenly Father. They are doing excellent, have excellent jobs and are wonderful Dads and husbands and I give all the glory and honour to God. I can surely say, my cup is full and running over even with the trials and circumstances of life because I have learned to be still and to trust the LORD my God, regardless of how tough it may seem. You take good care of yourself and may your day be filled with all of goodness and joy and peace of Christ Jesus.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do believe you & your Family are Gods Children. I do pray and deep down I do feel the way you have written, past has taken me down and never the wrong way more self distrucked. Hurt myself, my Hubby (89) & son (40) have kind , good hearts BUT I need to ask for help to understand?????? I should kept going to church as Ive lived without socializing etc.Sorry Im venting HUGS

So glad your Boys have good lives and wonderful children. Grandma is such a pricless gift. Take Care. LOVE Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    I do believe you & your Family are Gods Children. I do pray and deep down I do feel the way you have written, past has taken me down and never the wrong way more self distrucked. Hurt myself, my Hubby (89) & son (40) have kind , good hearts BUT I need to ask for help to understand?????? I should kept going to church as Ive lived without socializing etc.Sorry Im venting HUGS

So glad your Boys have good lives and wonderful children. Grandma is such a pricless gift. Take Care. LOVE Susan M J

That's ok. Sometimes we do need to unload on a caring shoulder. You can always go back to Church. But that is not as important as maintaining your relationship with your Heavenly Father. Even if you have walked away, He has never forsaken you, as a matter-of-fact, He is there waiting with open arms ready to welcome you back. He loves you too much to let you go. He is addicted to you and very passionate for you. He longs for you because He loves you so much. Nothing, absolutely nothing can separate you from His love, only if you blaspheme the Holy Spirit, but other than that, no, nothing. His love is everlasting. His mercies are new every morning and His grace abounds to you. Just call on Him. He is there waiting. Remember the parable of the prodigal son, well we are all like him at one time or the other and like his father, who really is our Heavenly Father in the story, He is waiting with open arms, always looking for our return. So don't despair. As long as He is alive, and we know that no grave could keep Him, we also know that He is alive and reigning on high and we know that He is coming again, then we have hope.

Take good care.

Post Thanks / Like
    this is beautiful!! love the edging on the shawl! what yarn did you use?
    Crochet Chickadee

13. Likes N/A liked this post
    Surrounded by the mountains of Vermont, USA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the beautiful idea! Lovely work.