Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    The cake will be gorgeous. Can't wait to see it finished. You are very brave to take this project on. Hubby and I are finding that we help each other too. Some days we feel so old but are thankful for not being in the obits!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili View Post
    The cake will be gorgeous. Can't wait to see it finished. You are very brave to take this project on. Hubby and I are finding that we help each other too. Some days we feel so old but are thankful for not being in the obits!
    Don't remember who said it, but a saying goes - I get up and read the paper. I look at the obits, and if my name isn't there, I get on with my day.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Please keep us posted...can't wait to see finished cake!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bless your heart, Annette, that is exactly what I do. Then I play a game of Candy Crush saga and I am set! Shirley

Moved to Vacaville, Ca, now in Sacramento
    Post Thanks / Like
    He also had a stroke in his right eye. His left eye was injured when he was 4. He has not had sight in that eye since he was 6. He has had uncontrolled blood pressure, blood sugar and an enlarged heart. This happened the last of April. Two things positive out of this experience is that he now has blood pressure and blood sugar under control because I serve the meals and don't pan fry anything. He was a fried food junkie. He does appreciate my effort which helps a lot. I think we are past the frequent doc appts and almost finished with physical therapy. We are thinking of State Rehab Orientation for the Blind to help with more independent living. Let me know if you need any internet links for vision impaired/blind resources. We just got a talking clock for the bedroom. He now knows if it is day or night. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers, Anita

Moved to Vacaville, Ca, now in Sacramento
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are always looking in the obits but unfortunately we only get a weekly paper. Makes the week go by very slowly. I'm 72 and hubby is 76. Thanks goodness I am in pretty good health. Almost a health freak. Anita

Post Thanks / Like
    So excited to see the final project. I am also a cake baker and have done wedding cakes (that people eat) for weddings. This will truly be a labor of love. I hope the couple realize how much time, energy and love is put into something like this. Can't wait to see it. So sorry to hear about your husband. I will pray for strength in the days to come. Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Anita: I think your idea of seeing what services are available through the Blind Organization is very good. They have so many more services than they ever used to. Good luck. Thinking of you. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it was Will Rogers that said that!