Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  99
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

This is what I am working on.

This is what I am working on.-img_0399-jpg I started with baby Jesus and then Mary, I have Joseph, sheep, donkey and cow and the manger and straw to finish. I just had to start making it even though it is a Christmas present for Marny (daughter). I think the pattern shows them made in thread but it calls for WW and that is what I used. They are bigger than the picture shows but it says they are about 8 inchs tall and that has turned out right. Excited to see how they turn out. The embroidery on their faces is the hardest for me to get right. I took it out several times and it is as good as I can get now. Couldn't get her eyes right so glued some on. Hate the detail work since mine never looks like the picture. Oh well, hand made, right??!!! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    You did a wonderful job! Mary is beautiful. She looks so professional. Thanks for sharing. Your friend, Annette

3. Likes justplainjudy, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Faye, You did a beautiful job on it.. Wow !! You daughter will love and cherish it in the years to come. hugs, Kathy
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

5. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks ya'll she collects creches (Is that the word for a manger scene?) so I hope she does like it. Hard to tell with her. I think the animals will be the hardest. I thought it was only three but it is more apparently. We'll see how many I do. It says a donkey, ewe ( that is a big sheep?), ox, and lambs. I want it to turn out good and that makes me want to get it made so I can see it. I have to build a manger and I'm building Jesus's bed or whatever it is called. It has a pattern for it in crochet but I think it will look better in wood. I tried to post the picture but it says the file is too large. I was taking a chance letting ya'll see what is supposed to look like. lol

7. Likes justplainjudy, N/A, Landon, Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    She collects Nativity Scenes? Would that be the phrase? Girl, your talent blows me away!!!

9. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I like it. Pretty! And you can use colours out of your stash of yarn for the little pieces. Yes! It is going to be wonderful! TFS

Post Thanks / Like
    wonderful job faye! can't wait to see the rest!
    Crochet Chickadee

12. Likes justplainjudy, N/A, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    This is what I am working on.-fayesmanger75-jpg[]This is the picture of the Nativity set. I think it is in thread in the picture but it calls for WW and that is what I am using and it is coming out the correct size. So Landon resized the picture for me and this is what it is supposed to look like. I hope I can come close. Thanks Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, your work is truly amazing! Such talent...I absolutely "adore" the pieces!

15. Likes justplainjudy, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    this will be able to pass down from children, grandchilden and so on. this is a beautiful set to be pass on knowing it was made with love and by a very special person in their life. Hugs, Kathy
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy