Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  34
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    When you want to find a thread you can try the search entry on the top right and put in a few terms such as Barbie and maybe clothes and it will show you threads with those words in them. I think this is the way it works but I am no expert. It has worked for me. Good luck!!

2. Likes tammyc77 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, you have to use the advanced feature of the search. Try it I think it will work for you.

4. Likes tammyc77 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    your Barbie fashions are just stunning!!!!!!!!!! I love crocheting Barbie clothes with thread, the yarn turns out too bulky and for me just doesn't look good. I probably use the wrong yarn, but i'd rather stick with the thread. I've made some but not as intricate or delicate looking as yours. you are amazing and did a wonderful, beautiful job. I have bought some of the fancier patterns from Annies Attic, but only made one of the more simple ones. would love to see more of your work. thanks for sharing.

6. Likes tammyc77 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I also wanted to tell you I'm so sorry for your loss, I find that crocheting does take my mind off my own problems, sometimes I could just sit and crochet for hours before I realize my behind and joints hurt lol. I also noticed the hair-dos on the dolls, did you do that yourself? Their beautiful and so in tune with the fashions. you just have a stunning collection there. Do you sell them and if so, what would you charge? I know so much work goes into just 1 outfit. Happy crocheting.

8. Likes tammyc77 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    How beautiful! I used to make all the Barbie doll clothes for my girls. Their friends were envious of all the pretty clothes that they had for their dolls.

10. Likes tammyc77 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. The thread works up so much nicer.

12. Likes tammyc77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cybarra View Post
    I also wanted to tell you I'm so sorry for your loss, I find that crocheting does take my mind off my own problems, sometimes I could just sit and crochet for hours before I realize my behind and joints hurt lol. I also noticed the hair-dos on the dolls, did you do that yourself? Their beautiful and so in tune with the fashions. you just have a stunning collection there. Do you sell them and if so, what would you charge? I know so much work goes into just 1 outfit. Happy crocheting.
    Yes, I do style their hair and I had a devil of a time figuring out how to do it. It's not easy.
    I bought a package of tiny hair pins at Walmart and tiny black rubber bands. I cut up a straw for the hair rollers, but I found that I prefer to just roll the hair with the pins.
    I use the papers that come with hair perms to start the curl and keep the ends tidy. These were both in the hair care section of Walmart.
    I tried wetting and rolling, I tried hair spray and rolling. I let them dry but the curl did not hold very well. I tried rolling their hair and dipping their head in hot boiled water. Saw that technique on a blog somewhere. That was a bust too.
    It seems that heat is the only thing that will set the curl. Then I learned that after rolling hair wet and using my hair dryer set on low heat and being very careful not to melt the hair works the best. Most Barbie dolls have long hair and on some of them it was just too much hair. So on some of them I cut their hair so that I didn't have to deal with such a wad of hair. It's a challenge every time I finish a doll and have to do the hair. Lots of time and fussing with it is not my favorite part of the dolls.

As for selling the dolls, I have limited space to store them as you can see in the pictures, so yes, I would like to sell some of them. I don't want to make them and then not be able to keep them clean. And I don't want to stop crocheting them. Living in Texas, we have lots of dust, no matter how well your windows are sealed. They are in a dust free cabinet and that is all the space I have. I have stopped making the ones with the huge full ball gowns, because they take up too much space once finished. The lowest price I have on them is $175 and the highest (at this point) is $275. I don't know if that is paying me for my time, but that was never my purpose. I just want to crochet them and get a decent price for them so that I would have room for more. I just thought that a collector would consider those prices a steal, because their are hours and hours of work involved.

Again, thank you to everyone for the lovely compliments!

14. Likes tammyc77 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I crocheted a doily while spending the last few weeks with my mother while she was in hospice. We were fortunate enough to be able to take her home before she passed. The doily was gorgeous (as was my mother). We placed the doily (it was about 20" round)on the open half of the casket lid. It was a last tribute to her and I folded it and placed it into her hand before the lid was closed. I also gave her the vintage doily that I made for her 93rd birthday (she passed 5 days before). The pattern was first published in 1918, the year of her birth. Crocheting is definitely the best stress reliever for me. I'm thinking about learning to knit so....... perhaps I'll keep my crocheting close by. May God Bless. Karenann.

16. Likes GrammaJoe, tammyc77 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing how to do the hair. I has always looked like such a challenge. I have wanted to try, and now after your info, I will give it a whirl! I think your prices are quite in-line. Anyone that crafts knows all the work that goes into our projects. Putting a price on it, for me, is the hardest to figure out.

18. Likes cybarra, tammyc77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    These are stunning.. Thank you for sharing your beautiful crochet.
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

20. Likes tammyc77 liked this post