Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  36
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: Dilemma

Post Thanks / Like

Dilemma

Dilemma-img_0375-jpg Ok Ladies, the ones that know me will be amazed but I want to make this flower garden afghan as a companion to the flower garden quilt that I inherited from my Grandmother. I picked out 4 colors that I liked together and I made a piece in each color and to my dismay they are four different sizes. Will I have to make a sample of every color I want to use to get the same size? I know that 3 out of the 4 are WW and I think the fourth is baby yarn. Any suggestions?

2. Likes justplainjudy, N/A, libertylady64 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye, if they are the same brand and the same weight, then you may have to experiment with hooks to see which ones will get you the gauge you want. Unfortunately, different dyes will cause yarn to work up differently as well as change the weight of yarns. It may take some doing to be able to make them all the same size. If that is the case, you will have to work up each yarn with the appropriate hook and make the designated number of pieces before going on to the next one. Wish I could have been more help. Good Luck!!--Jan

4. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Jan, you were a help but I didn't want to hear what you said. UGH!! This will mean I will have to do multi gauge checks. Project is becoming doubtful! Have to think long and hard. Thanks

6. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay Miss Faye, you can do this. Who made spiderman? Who makes tiny snowmen?? You can do this too. Im just surprised about the mofit at all. LOL Imiss you girls and guys like crazy! Hopefully Ill get cable again soon.
    Good stiches

8. Likes justplainjudy, GrammaJoe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am just not sure I can make myself do all those pieces. I think it is around 120 pieces and I will have to check the gauge with every skein of yarn. But I do LOVE it!! Let me think!! lol And I have missed you too!! I need more than a couple of straight women to help with my jokes. Hope you get everything straightened out!

10. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, don't know how you might make this work if all not same size. Be a shame to get a bunch done and not be able to make a rectangle. I really think they need to be the same size.

12. Likes justplainjudy, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    GrammaJoe Goodmorning
    This diff. size squares can be done with time and patience. Beautiful just cant be rushed OK SMJ

14. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ishdil is right listen to us and you will get it done in time???

16. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    GrammaJoe, that is exactly what I am worried about. If I make all those pieces and then they don't go together I might become dangerous. I like the pattern as well it is a very easy piece to make. I guess the bottom line is if I want it all to go together I am going to have to buy enough of the same yarn to make it. I was hoping to use my stash and that way I would have a lot of variety. Ok, now to make a decision. Thanks Ladies!!

18. Likes justplainjudy, GrammaJoe, BarbySue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The two sizes of yarn is probably one thing. Wouldn't the baby yarn make a smaller piece than the ww?

20. Likes justplainjudy liked this post