Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  36
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Dilemma

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billiebob View Post
    Okay Miss Faye, you can do this. Who made spiderman? Who makes tiny snowmen?? You can do this too. Im just surprised about the mofit at all. LOL Imiss you girls and guys like crazy! Hopefully Ill get cable again soon.
    Good stiches
    We miss you like crazy too. Hurry back!

2. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye, just my little bitty 2 cents worth- do you have a piece of clear plastic you can make a template out of? Even the plastic sheet that comes in a package of bacon will work once it's washed. Any way, I did this when I was making quilts- take 1 of your pieces of the flower and draw out the size you like best and cut it out of the plastic. Cardboard would work in a pinch. When you make your pieces on the next to last row or round, put the template on top of it and see if you need to adjust the size of your hook on that last row to get it the size of the template. This may work since you want to make it so badly. Just an idea. I've never tried it with crochet but it worked with my quilt pieces. Good luck.

4. Likes justplainjudy, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    twinfaye cant you do a around, around the smaller ones too be closer as that big one???? Hard to say when yor not there. Ill get on my private jet and see you later tonight??? hahahahaha. Its me crazy SMJ

6. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    faye--your afghan will be awesome beautiful. when i do a blanket or afghan in granny squares i like to have it all in the same brand name, i do not like to mix different brands of yarn together in my project. i have crocheted different brands together and i came out with different sizes, but that is just my experience. can't wait to see the finished project!
    Crochet Chickadee

8. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the idea of the temp plate but I think I am going to follow Libertylady's advice and buy the yarn all of the same brand and type. So now I have to find the money and we are set to go. Thanks

10. Likes justplainjudy, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    I like the idea of the temp plate but I think I am going to follow Libertylady's advice and buy the yarn all of the same brand and type. So now I have to find the money and we are set to go. Thanks
    I am glad you decided to go with all same brand Best thing I think. Even if you managed to make the different ones work visually, not all wash with same results i.e. holding shape, body, etc. If I said that right?

12. Likes justplainjudy, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    faye, Do you remember the bedspread I made and posted on here a good while back? It was made of diamond shapes forming hexagons with white hexagons between the colored ones. That was made of every kind of yarn I had on hand and some were smaller, some thicker yarn than the others or thinner weight yarns. When I finished it, it weighed a ton!! It is beautiful I know but the weight is what kept it from getting a ribbon at the fair. I know that you can eventually get through it if you stick to it!! Don't give up yet!! Are you going to use only 4 colors? You could do it as an assembly line kind of thing... Do all of one color with the proper hook to get the size you want and then try the next color the same way . That is how I did my coat. I made all the centers , then all the next row , then all the 3rd row,t until I had them all made. AND I worked in the tails as I went! I didn't wait till I was all done and then try to do the tails. I would never have made it that way. I know this probably is clear as mud and hasn't helped you one bit probably, sorreeee ... just don't give up, OK???? It really is a pretty looking afghan. Love ya, Patty

14. Likes justplainjudy, N/A, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't give up but I may wait a while. I don't want to spend the money on yarn now so it will have to wait. Thanks to everyone for the tips.

Post Thanks / Like
    Go to E-bay & get your yarn like you usually do when your ready or better yet, maybe I have some in my stash that you could use that I could donate. God know I have enough. How about I donate some to the craft fair while I;m at it. It would help clean out my closet, too! I don't know if I have he colors you want or the kind of yarn you want. Heck I don't even remember the kind of yarn I have.

Hugs, Judy

17. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Judy you can't be giving me your yarn stash. I don't know how many skeins it requires. Let's see: 41 oz of white, 20 oz of solid colors, 30 oz variegated colors, 4 oz of main color. So let's add that up if each skein is 3-4 oz each and I need 95 ozs and I'll use the 3 oz size that requires approx 32 skeins. So that will take a while for me to afford that. The big lots on Ebay are for different colors and types so that won't work. I'll probably buy a little at a time but the same type and brand.

19. Likes justplainjudy, N/A liked this post