Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  83
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Good job on posting the pictures!! love the baby set and the hat. I've never seen the turban before!

Post Thanks / Like
    I do plastic canvas as well as crochet. The patterns are hard to cut out, so I use a colored plastic canvas piece to cut out the pattern, and when I have it right I use the colored one to place on clear canvass. It becomes my template. Also, i find using scissors too hard on my hands when cutting out the patterns. I found these other kind of scissors that you squeeze that work much better. My hands don't get tired. They are very sharp and pointed, so they work quite well. I don't know what they are called. Anyway, I hope this helps.

3. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am ashamed to ask but it keeps popping in my mind how do you do the edges? Do you embroider the edges too or stop at the edge? See, I don't know anything about them.

Post Thanks / Like
    You overcast the edges to hide the plastic --i use to doa lot of plastic canvas but ihavent done it a while--- I use to usecopper wire cutters to cut mine thatway you can. Get rid of all the little zits---- you all have a good one ___---- bettybee

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I do the edges too. You basically wrap the yarn arouns the edges, using the needle, or course. But something important. Clip the points, otherwise they will stick out of your yarn. Just snip off the very tips of the points, corners. Then it has a rounded effect. I've done tons of plastic canvas, big ones and small. If you ever need any help I'll be glad to answer any questions. I've done wall hangings, like a big pumpkin or an elf, or reindeer head. But I glue plastic magnets on them so they can be put on a fridge. They take time yes, but they are beautiful.

7. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, overcast stitches. If I knew how to put a picture of one on here, I would do it. I've enjoyed talking to you. Write anytime!

Post Thanks / Like
    When I first read your post I thought YOU were going to do plastic canvas in addition to everything else you are doing!!!!! I thought When are you going to find the time and energy! Take care of yourself, Dear Friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by me2la View Post
    Those are really nice..I use to do plastic canvas also..haven't done it in years now..bet my Mother in law still has canvas..and patterns..should call her up and ask her and do some too, I could probably get her to donate a ton of stuff I know she has made up..lol..

Post Thanks / Like
    Carol...............you posted those pics on your first try?????????????????? You are good!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you that question has been rolling around in my head. I do not want to do plastic canvas but I admire the ones ya'll do. Rehead is an expert you should go back and look at her post about going down to the basement.

12. Likes MarjorieCrochets liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi carolboulay Your a genie to get pics on the first time, Great pics too. Love to make myself that hat amd sweaters are very nicely done. Keep sharing Hun !! Love to see what people are making. Friend Susan M J

14. Likes MarjorieCrochets liked this post