Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  149
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

Doubling up the Yarn

Hey, yawl!!

I am making some fresh kitchen towels, hot pads, etc... and am using 2 100% cotton yarns by Peaches & Creme one named Yellow and the other is Happy Go Lucky which is white with little flecks of lime green, yellow and turquoise blues.

So far, I have made one little 8 by 8 towel and just for grins the second one I am making doubling up the yarns. I LOVE IT!! The fabric is super solid and I bet I could even make a rug this way!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3787[/ATTACH]

I am doing all in sc as I think it is easy to do in a tight stitch even if it is time consuming! I am using a K size hook. No pattern, I am just making these in the sizes I want for my little kitchen.

Happy Crafting!
    Landon
    Attached Images Attached Images Doubling up the Yarn-bestshotofdoublepiece-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Great idea Landon, I want to make some more kitchen towels and dish cloths for my new kitchen I'm going to be getting pretty soon. I want some in browns, tans and black varigetated and then some bright reds. That would be a good idea to make for the yard sale the group is putting on for the meeting we are having. Thinking out loud here...
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    I used double yarn on my dolls belts ,I may try a double yarn on a doll skirt some time in the future. Thank you for the ideal.

4. Likes amanda, N/A, Landon, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon thanks for the comments about the doubled yarns. I am making little critters for Easter for the grandkids with double yarn. Works well to keep in fiberfill and makes such a nice feel. Fun !

6. Likes amanda, N/A, Landon, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    A new kitchen!! How fun, BarbySue! Can't wait to see pictures!!

Fred and Birdqueen, isn't it something to use doubled yarn? I love how STURDY it is!! I am going to play around by doubling yarns more.

8. Likes amanda, Sonnettina liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Alright! Love your colours! Have fun. I know you will.

10. Likes amanda, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweetie, you are growing by leaps and bounds in your crochet and life! Am so happy for you and you are doing a great job. Just remember to have fun and enjoy all that you do. Make it to please yourself and no one else! Love You. Lawana

Post Thanks / Like
    You girls just gave me an idea of what to do with my little tiny yarns. I didn't know what to use them for ......now I do. They are like string.... too little to use alone for any of my projects. I will see what I can come up with using several together. Should make nice place mats I think. Thanks for the ideas. XOXOXOXO, Patty

13. Likes amanda, N/A, Landon, Kathy B., Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Barby sue cant wait to see your before & after pics. If you would we all are happy for you. I love pot holders, hotmats, & towels for kitchen. I dont cook like I use to but like yellow, reds,green, even blues. Just like any useful. Kitchen product. Dont ware yourself out ((HUGS)). Susan M J

15. Likes amanda, Landon, BarbySue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yawl are just the Best!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

17. Likes amanda, Carynjoyb liked this post