Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  149
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    wonderful job landon!!!!! you are getting ready for spring time-----but in my neck of the woods they are calling for another winter play ground for me on monday!!

2. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon, those are really pretty colors together. Just FYI, a few years back I made hot pads and dishcloths for all my family for Christmas. I made them all the colors I thought they would like. One of my sister's ask me to make hers just white. She said that way when she bleached them they would not fade. Her granddaughter got her first house and wanted black and white. I made them for her then just a few months ago she asked me if I would make her some out of just white. I asked her what happened to her other's. She said they were now gray after washing them and bleaching them. I had never really thought about them fading but I guess they would when you bleach them and I always bleach my dishcloths to get the grease out. Just a thought. lol Anne

4. Likes Carynjoyb, N/A, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You did a great job and I just love the color combination your two strands make. Thanks for sharing and putting the yarns in the picture so I could see what they look like individually.

Last year I was waiting for the kids at karate. This lady was doing the master an afghan with two colors at a time (2 strands). She was using the belt colors in order and changing one color at a time. White/white, white/yellow, yellow/orange, orange/green, green/blue, blue/purple, purple/red, red/black, black/black. Now I might have gotten the belt colors out of order, but you get the idea. It was very cool.

I made grandson a little turtle cover and it called for two strands at the same time. I was too cheap to buy two skeins, so I used one and pulled the outside strand and inside strand at the same time. It could have been a twisted, tangled nightmare, but with strict attention to the feeds it worked out nicely.

I'm so glad you discovered this neat little technique. Thanks for sharing.

Annette

6. Likes N/A, Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK. Now that I am going to try this...crocheting two lines at the same time how do I keep them from tangleing up? and is it important to keep them in the same position as you crochet? One on top one on the bottom, side by side, or how ever I haven't tried it yet so I don't really know what I'm talking about. If someone could give me some details I would appreciate it.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

8. Likes Carynjoyb, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You said lines but you meant two skeins of yarn, right. Lines says to me the rows of the pattern. You just hold them together fairly tight together and your usual tension and crochet along. You don't want one skein to be tighter than the other. You will save yourself some grief if you use two skeins and don't try to use the two ends of one skein. It is a lucky break if they don't get tangled badly!!

10. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    What Faye just said, LOL I love learning from yawl!! It is so nice to gain tips and tricks!!! I am very happy with how it turned out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon write down how you crochet each pattern and then you will have your own pattern! I should have done that when I made my French Frog, I want to try to make another 1 someday I have all 3 patterns together that I made them from! Your ideas and work is beautiful and talented I love them! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

13. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Faye, I wasn't understanding how you work the two strands of yarn. Now I get it. I may ask you this again when I actually try this so be warned. LOL.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

15. Likes amanda, Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll do that, Manda!!

BarnySue, I sit in my recliner when I crochet. I have small tables on either side of me. On the table on my left I placed the yarn that was still on the cone and the yarn that was already in a ball I kept in the chair with me so I wouldn't drop it and then it rolls and then Smudge gets involved.....you know the scenario, LOL
    I pull enough yarn from the 2 sources so my tension is enough to crochet for a bit, then I pull again..... I love the 2 yarns together and girl, I can not get over how STURDY it is!!!

Love yawl!!
    XOXOXOXO

17. Likes amanda, BarbySue liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Landon's plan is good for the two yarns. I don't have two tables so I put a expandable sleeve on them and then lay both in my tote and that keeps them from tangling. If they were in a ball I would put them beside theirselves and tell them to behave!!LOL Worked for Mama with us. We started life sleeping in a dresser drawer together. I don't think Mama shut the drawer but I wouldn't be surprised. lol Talking about saving space, is this an organizational tip??? Really LOL

19. Likes Landon, Magnolia Blossom liked this post