Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Nib's Blanket

Post Thanks / Like

Nib's Blanket

ok.... so I promised a new story, and here it is.

Nib is my Mom and Dad's cat... so of course he is considered my brother and my dog Baylee's uncle.

So, my Mom tells me Dad really likes his blanket, thought it was hot but the heat had to be turned up, LOL. She also said she had to put the blanket up because Nib wanted to lay on it......

.........so I had started a bathroom rug in the super chunky yarn. I took that and added my leftovers from Dave's blanket of many colors. Then, I did a single edge of yellow; probably should have done two rows but it's for a freakin' cat!! LOL

As you may or may not see from the picture, about midway up the blanket, I started adding a new color in the row and not on the ends. It was a learning experience and wasn't real bad. I may do it again. For Nib, it's perfect. We mailed it out yesterday, so hopefully he will get it tomorrow.

I sent a note with the blanket saying that 'your sister, Tammy, made you this blanket, and your Niece, Baylee, got to cover up with it, Enjoy many naps on it!'

hahaha.... I'm such a dill weed sometimes, but life is short and I enjoy being silly!Nib's Blanket-2013-03-17-jpg
    ~Tammy~

2. Likes Val, libertylady64, GrammaJoe, Landon, Kathy B. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You are not being silly at all. People that are owned by pets - that is just what we do. Loved it!!! And your picture too. TFS

4. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    People that are owned by pets... oh how true that is. And, I did this for a pet that wasn't mine! Although I'm thinking that pet mats may be something to think about... people who love their pets do most anything for them.
    ~Tammy~

6. Likes N/A, GrammaJoe, Landon, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have crocheted a "blankie" for each of my 5 cats and they still want to lay on me! Also, seem to think that MY afghan is just right for them to lay on. You cannot win for losing!!--Jan

8. Likes GrammaJoe, Landon, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    cute, thanks for sharing your story......

10. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Afghan is pretty and cute poochie peeking out. My 2 kittens are spoiled ( saved them last Fathers Day)so April 17 they will be 1 yr old. I have a couple of Balls Im making & 2 cat nip toys, 2 of everything.They are close Brother/Sister very healthy & well behaved . I does want to get out if he gets a chance, HOUSE CATS. Very cute story of Nib's name . Your friend Susan M J

12. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    pets are the best medicine!!!! he will be happy and warm with the blanket!

14. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love your picture and your story!!! Life is short, BE SILLY!!! LOL I made my pooter kitty a red sleeping mat and fixed him up a bed in one of the boxes I got from my local co-op.
    <<<< I wrote out his name in Buttons and he loves it!! He lays on me still some, not as much as before which has turned out to be good cos I am getting more done, LOLOL I am going to make him another for when he is hiding from my company and he can sleep happily while hiding, LOL

You did a Beautiful job on Nib's blanket!! I Love the pops of yellow!!! I love seeing how you and your family love yawl's pets, this is very heart warming, Tammy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoyed your pic and story, Tammy. TFS

Post Thanks / Like
    You look so beautiful and happy crocheting for your "brother" Nibs with that cute little Baylee next to you. I enjoyed the story and picture. Thanks for sharing.

Annette