Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Yard Sale Craft Fair

Yard Sale Craft Fair-img_0271-jpgI received this today. I have a dilemna now. I want to buy four or five of her items! It is going to be hard to save them for the yard sale. Kathy you didn't put prices on your things can you please suggest prices? I am just floored by the variety and the "cuteness". I want the pattern for the scarves! Kathy sent 2 scarves a dog and cat, 2 girl's ponchoes, 5 plastic bag holders and 2 baby hats. If everyone is this creative and generous we will have a great craft fair!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh how cute and what a great job Kathy did! Thanks for sharing

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow I've been out for a while and what great things happen huh? Whats going on with the yard sale? I guess when I move on down the line I'll see. Sure are cute.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check out the below link I have in my signature line, Its all about our Hookers meeting we are having in 2014!

Post Thanks / Like
    Please look at the group's posts and you will see some of the issues. I have to say that if everyone is as generous as Kathy we will be able to make a lot of money. You don't have to send your items this early but you certainly may and I'll drool over them as well. If the sale goes as well as I am hoping we will be able to pay for the meeting room and help with the expenses of attending. We might make enough to pay for the Saturday night meal and that would only leave your transportation and a few breakfast and lunch meals. I am hoping that someone is going to volunteer to take the hospitality chair so we can nail down the meals and arrangements. Everything can be done over the phone and internet and if someone actually needs to go somewhere then I am able to do that. We also need someone to volunteer for transportation so that someone can help with carpooling and flights and buses if needed. Also if we decide to go off site for a meal we will need volunteers to drive. It occurred to me that if someone rents a cabin we could bring in donuts and a few more breakfast sandwiches for breakfast and not have to use the Inn's restaurant which would save money that way. We could even have sandwiches for lunch from one of the cabins. There are also covered picnic areas which we could reswerve. Ideas and thoughts I have but we need a volunteer. I also would like for all the chairs to pm me their skype names if they have it. I think talking where we can see each other would be good. I understand that we can have 5 at once on skype.

6. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    These are some pretty items! Sure to win the hearts of children and adults likewise! Kathy, you do beautiful work!
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 03-12-2013 at 03:08 PM.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

8. Likes justplainjudy, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't get on the site under Rosie's name. Where do I go for info? Also I can't come to TN but would like to help by buying some of the things. If I sent money to you Faye and pay for postage can I buy some things? If that is too much trouble for you Faye, I completely understand. I know that is a lot of trouble with the packing ,ect so it's ok if this isn't feasable.
    Last edited by Magnolia Blossom; 03-12-2013 at 03:09 PM.

10. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We can work something out about you buying something. I don't mind sending you some things. But wait until closer time to the sale so you can see everything. I plan to post pictures of all the items for sale. I have a USPS account so I can mail things easily and if you pay postage I can't see any problems. The info is under the group section. You don't have to do anything to join. Go to Community at the top of this page and then groups and then you will see the 2014 gathering. Please don't say you can't come until closer to the time. Things change and I want all the people to plan to attend and if closer to the time things make it impossible then we can say that we can't.

12. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweetie, it's not the money, it's health issues and they are chronic, had them since my stomach surgery when I was 34. Too many issues , and can't keep up with the pace. Would love to come, but circumstances with my health won't allow me to. Will be there in spirit, tho!
    After I saw the pics ,earlier, of Kathy's plastic bag holders, I made me one. Guess I chained too many stitches, 'cause when I pulled the drawstrings to close it, it looks like one leg of a really fat woman's old timey bloomers! LOL It is funny looking!!
    Last edited by Magnolia Blossom; 03-12-2013 at 03:29 PM.

14. Likes justplainjudy, Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Faye. I have sold the poncho's at the hospital when my grandson had Therapy for $20.oo ea ( these went fast, I got that pattern out of country mag. years ago) The scarfs $8.oo that pattern was from crochet world mag.I'll have to look for that mag., its not in my binder,...., and the bag holders for $3.oo, its simple, just crochet around a pony tail holder, then crochet in the back for about 4 rolls, then both stitches till you get it about as long as you want it and finish the last 4 rolls with a back crochet, final roll around another pony tail band, tie off and add a crocheted loop for hanging....the baby hats are from crochet world 2008... If you need to change the prices, thats ok with me., I love to crochet, I have alot of pictures in my album on facebook if you would like to see more of what I make.
    Last edited by Kathy B.; 03-12-2013 at 04:17 PM.
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

16. Likes justplainjudy, Magnolia Blossom liked this post