Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Birthday Presents

Today is my friend, Denise's, birthday. I made her a pot holder and hot pad out of some scrap yarn I had. The light beige yarn was very thick and the brown was light, so I double stranded the brown and it's perfect. I had given family and friends the heart doily for Christmas and plan to give them different "button ons" for birthdays this year. I call that doily the gift that keeps giving. This is a different doily and I just laid the daisies on it to get the effect. I've got to make myself one. The daisies are for the heart doily I made for her. It is such a relief to be done for now as this weekend I've been doing lots and lots of crochet.

[ATTACH][ATTACH]Birthday Presents-daisies-doily-jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Ok, I'm still a newbie at posting pictures. Of course, this is an excuse, one that I'm going to stick to. Someday I'll get it.
    Attached Images Attached Images Birthday Presents-denises-daisy-jpg Birthday Presents-denises-daisy-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    Lovely gifts for sure. The daisys do look nice on the doily too. Great idea!

Post Thanks / Like
    very nice tfs

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got a BD next week. Can I be one of your friends, too? Very pretty,. Good job! Lawana

5. Likes aporfirio, Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW I am originally from Houston. The north side, close to Humble. Do you live any where near that area?

7. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Blossom View Post
    BTW I am originally from Houston. The north side, close to Humble. Do you live any where near that area?
    Lawana, I live south of Houston in Clear Lake. Where are you now? Maybe we could get together sometime. That would be fun. I'm about 30 minutes from Galveston so if you head that way you could come pay me a visit. I would love it. You are always invited. If you PS me your address, I'll send you a little something for your birthday. Annette

9. Likes Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aporfirio View Post
    Lawana, I live south of Houston in Clear Lake. Where are you now? Maybe we could get together sometime. That would be fun. I'm about 30 minutes from Galveston so if you head that way you could come pay me a visit. I would love it. You are always invited. If you PS me your address, I'll send you a little something for your birthday. Annette
    Sweety, I was just teasing you and paying you a BIG compliment. We retired from Houston about 11 years ago and moved to a little town called Rusk mainly to be close to some of my mothers family. We have regretted it from day 1. We're in the country, which we love, but mothers family are nothing like I thought they were. A lot of them anyway. Some are really nice. If you are ever in my area, please let me know and we'll have lunch or I will put a pot of beans and cornbread on to cook.LOL I know exactly where Clear Lake is. Was born and reared in Houston. Hugs, Lawana

11. Likes N/A, aporfirio, Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    good job! thanks for sharing!

13. Likes aporfirio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aporfiriio Love potholders & doily is #1. Nice gift. S.M.J

15. Likes aporfirio liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Annette, your hot pad and pot holder are very pretty, useful and practical. But your doily is beautiful! I'm sure your friend will love them. Fantastic job!!--Jan

17. Likes aporfirio liked this post