Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Big Colorful Medallion

I made this over the past day. I just started crocheting with no pattern and no end in my mind. It ended up being a big 22 inch medallion. I really love it. I made it out of 100% wool, Patton's Classic Wool. I love bright, happy colors.

I'd like to hang it on my wall. I'm not exactly sure how to mount it. I could have it framed, but I'd rather hang it independently. Maybe I can mount it to something that will give it support? I can crochet a plain black chain to use as a hanger. Any ideas about how I can mount it??

Shelley
    Attached Images Attached Images Big Colorful Medallion-photo-1-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the colors. Maybe you could use plastic sheets they needle point with. I think it would make it easer to stitch to keep stable. Good luck with what you chose

Post Thanks / Like
    Might you sew it on a hoop? Or mount on something? Looks Great! Good Luck!

4. Likes justplainjudy, Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful and just in a day, thanks for sharing your work...happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    You could use plastic canvas for a backing and slip stitch it on so it would hold its shape. You could also use a double face tape to attach it to cardboard but If it were me I would use it as a pillow top and you could put it anywhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    You could use a brass ring and slip stitch around it. it will hold its shap and hang easily. or use half of a embroidery hoop by slip stitching around it instead of putting the hoops togeather. use a thread that matches your project when sewing it on. its very pretty
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

8. Likes justplainjudy, GrammaJoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much for the great ideas! Slip-stitching it onto something will work. I found a 22 inch wooden quilting hoop on JoAnn's web site for only $3.49.

Shelley

10. Likes justplainjudy, GrammaJoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    you can check your area goodwill store. If they have any, they usually run about .75 cents to 1.50. Ours almost always has some to buy. I also post on my facebook page to see if any of my friends have any laying around.
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

12. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gosh how I love scouring through thrift stores looking for buried treasures. The wooden hoop on JoAnn's web site is actually 23-3/4 inches across, plus I get free shipping coupons in my email several times a week. I buy a lot of yarn from JoAnn's and have never paid for shipping. It's hard to find the right size wooden hoop. If its a little larger than my medallion, I can add another row or two. Actually, I'd like to add a border row in black and attach a black chain "string" to hang it. I really like the idea of slip-stitching it to the hoop, or I could use a tapestry needle and attach it from the back of the medallion so I don't lose my border.

Thank you again for your great ideas!

Shelley

14. Likes Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome DorisAnn sounds like you'll be a lot of help.Share some of your pics if able. By the way WOOF WOOF to sweetie (in profile pic) Your friend Susan M J Have a nice week-end