Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16

Post Thanks / Like

Easter Bunny Basket

Easter Bunny Basket-img_0253-jpgEaster Bunny Basket-img_0252-jpgEaster Bunny Basket-img_0251-jpg I added the pictures of the Easter duck basket and the one of the two of them together.
    This is the Easter Bunny basket that I paid $8 for the pattern. UGH!! It is way too small for use as a basket for storing eggs in a hunt. I went up 3 sizes on the hook and that barely gets it 6 inchs across. Patterns should give dimensions before you buy them. If I overlooked the size I will take that as my mistake. It says it clearly on the second page of the pattern but nothing on the front. Lesson learned. Anyone have a pattern for a bigger basket?
    Last edited by twinfaye; 02-22-2013 at 05:45 PM. Reason: to add duck basket

Post Thanks / Like
    I am working on one out of my head will write it down should be done this weekend
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

3. Likes N/A, janie mae, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where did you buy the pattern if I may ask? So WE dont buy it? You sound like you can get it right?? Good luck and if I see any I;ll click you hahaha Im goofy. Susan MJ

5. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    It was from Annie's and it does have patterns for 3 baskets and 3 toys so if they were the right size it would have been a bargain.

7. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You did a great job, even though the pattern wasn't a good one. I recently purchased a pattern on line, won't do that again, it was terrible. There are so many free patters we don't have to pay for one, unless its for something really special. You could just make a basket/bowl and then add handles to it. I posted a really easy pattern I used for the set of nesting baskets I made, a pattern I downloaded free from the ravelry.com. I made it with 2 strands of worsted weight yarn, J size hook. The pattern includes 3 different sizes. You could make the largest one in the pattern. Its very easy to follow, with no mistakes. I found out when I made a basket bigger than the largest one listed in the pattern, that it was "too big" to hold its shape well. The bigger I make it the more it looses its support on the sides.

Shelley

9. Likes N/A, janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I am going to send the baskets and they will probably use them as decorations. I will be more careful when I buy something in the future. I ordered several more patterns and I've been happy with them. If Msbhaven gets her idea down to paper I might make another one next year. I have a pattern for different size bowls that I couls use but we'll see what she comes up with.

11. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the colors..Good job!!!

13. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    See my bunny basket
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

15. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    cute! thanks for sharing!

17. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is lovely!

19. Likes janie mae liked this post