Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  76
Page 4 of 9 First ... 23456 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Get job. Colors are great. Would love to have the pattern. [email]ndwright@embarqmail.com[/email ]Where did you find the pattern.On what site.
    Last edited by ladyd340; 02-25-2013 at 05:31 PM. Reason: I wanted to find the pattern

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Donna, The stitch is called the " wool eater " or Catherine's wheel. The link for the pattern is a few posts up on this page. Happy crocheting! Kat

Post Thanks / Like
    Kat, u missed my question in all these compliments is it a thick, warm blanket? I bought all the yarn to do one for my son, but he's in the part of texas that's always warm. So I'm thinking they wouldn't get much use out of a heavy blanket. What do u think?

4. Likes amanda, justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your throw is abosolutely beautiful! You really did an amazing job on it! Thanks so much for posting where you got the pattern, I have it downloaded and one of these days I'll make it. I have to many UFO's going on right now. LOL But you did such a wonderful job on yours I have to make one. Great job!
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

6. Likes justplainjudy, N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Joyannerose,
    My name is Judi G. I noticed your question and just wanted to make a comment if you don't mind. Yes, I would say that is a very warm blanket. But you could make something similar even using the same colors if you like them using a pattern that has some openings in it, that would keep it a little cooler for your son. My son lives in NJ and he love it when I make one for him. I just finished his 5th. Still have to get it into the mail to him though.

Maybe a granny square pattern there are so many different granny stitches you could come up with one he may like. I just finished a wave stitch that I found on YouTube, it is such a nice stitch and makes a nice lighter weight afghan for those who don't need as heavy a blanket.

Happy stitching,
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by Joyannerose View Post
    Kat, u missed my question in all these compliments is it a thick, warm blanket? I bought all the yarn to do one for my son, but he's in the part of texas that's always warm. So I'm thinking they wouldn't get much use out of a heavy blanket. What do u think?

8. Likes justplainjudy, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Judi. Thats what I was thinking. Once I realized how it was done, I thought it would be warm. I didn't even realize it was warm all year in Texas. Apparently, he's near Houston, where it is warm all the time. But some of Texas gets winter. (I knew the cowboy movies used to show winter in Texas) lol Now I also have a wedding afghan to do for my other son, so I better get deciding!
    Crochet with Joy
    Joy Ann

10. Likes amanda, justplainjudy, N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I was in hospital havinh a hip replaced. It is not too thick if you are using 4 ply but would be very thick with a 8 ply wool. I have been using it since I came home and it feels ok . A little heavy but no different then other afgans I have made. It would be nice for a cold Texas night. Kat

12. Likes amanda, justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you are doing ok. Soon you will be chasing everyone around.

Hugs, Judy

14. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    So glad to hear you are on the mend Katatonic, I do love the colors you used in this afghan.
    Thanks again for sharing it with us.
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by Katatonic View Post
    Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I was in hospital havinh a hip replaced. It is not too thick if you are using 4 ply but would be very thick with a 8 ply wool. I have been using it since I came home and it feels ok . A little heavy but no different then other afgans I have made. It would be nice for a cold Texas night. Kat

16. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sorry to hear you were in hospital Katatonic especially for hip surgery! I really hope you are doing well! I thought of making something similar but with lighter yarn like simply soft or something like that! It is just more expensive unless you find good deals! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

18. Likes justplainjudy liked this post