Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  138
Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last

Thread: Inspired by Kay

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kay,
    My daughters are both in another state right now. I bought some little cheap kits & sent to one daughter because she had acted interested, keeping the same kit for myself, so maybe we could both be doing the same thing on the phone. She has a husband, is pregnant with her 1st baby & works full time. She is too tired when she gets home to think about it now. My neighbors are not friendly & my Sorority sisters treat me like my work friends. I only hear from them when I find out 1 of them is in the hospital or sick by Facebook or email. Then I am the 1 who reaches out. They all know I am not well. That is why I took the leave. They never call just to see about me. It would be nice. Everybody is just so busy with their own thing they have no time.
    Hugs, Jane

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the pattern shared somewhere for the prayer shawl?

3. Likes janie mae liked this post

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    Check on pg 1 or 2 of this thread. Faye put the website for the blue shawl there.
    Hugs, Jane

5. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jane! You always have all of us as friends, we are not neighbors but you can always consider me a friend! I hope everyone the best of luck with your prayer shawls! I found on either allfree crochet or favecrafts about 12 or more different prayer shawls they were all so beautiful! Faye yours are very special and unique 1 because I know you and 2 because I say so!! All of you are very special to me I have just 1 friend but we only talk once a year and we only live 30 or 40 minutes away we haven't seen each other in 6 years, before I moved here we saw each other once a week and talked every day I have known her since I was 16, 30 something years ago! My husband is my best friend and my Angel plus the love of my life! Since my disability none of my old friends don't have time for me! Oh yeah and my 4 boys are my best friends as well they are great kids well adults pretty much now! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

7. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by janie mae View Post
    Kay,
    My daughters are both in another state right now. I bought some little cheap kits & sent to one daughter because she had acted interested, keeping the same kit for myself, so maybe we could both be doing the same thing on the phone. She has a husband, is pregnant with her 1st baby & works full time. She is too tired when she gets home to think about it now. My neighbors are not friendly & my Sorority sisters treat me like my work friends. I only hear from them when I find out 1 of them is in the hospital or sick by Facebook or email. Then I am the 1 who reaches out. They all know I am not well. That is why I took the leave. They never call just to see about me. It would be nice. Everybody is just so busy with their own thing they have no time.
    Hugs, Jane
    Janie Mae, you can consider all of us your friends. I'd like to be one of your best friends. I promise to stay in touch and keep you uplifted as best I can. I understand what it is to feel all alone. Sometimes at home I feel that way because I'm no longer working a full time job and just busy all the time. The rest of my house is usually gone all day and I spend my day talking to my cat, Tiger. The time has given me the opportunity to crochet more and I find that a big blessing. I am also blessed with a great church family. We al have to learn to look at our lives and instead of the glass being have empty, we have to look at it as half full. Have you been to the "Blessings" thread and listed your blessings? Take time to open your heart, eyes, mind, and soul to the wonderful things God has done in your life. You'd be surprised. LOL Kay
    P.S. You can send a PM if you wish.

9. Likes amanda, justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Faye,

What a beautiful prayer shawl! The person who receives it will truly be blessed. The care and love you've put into crocheting this prayer shawl is evident. God bless you!~Beverly~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

11. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Inspired by Kay-img_0257-jpgI am so excited!! I got my beautiful prayer shawl from KayeMory and it is simply gorgeous!! She said that some of her friends wanted it and now I see why! I am so lucky!! I will treasure this for ever!! It is made from the Jacob's Ladder pattern. Now I have to learn to do it. Thanks so much Kaye!!! P.S. My Kaye took the picture and cut the top off my head but the shawl looks good!! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    Inspired by Kay-img_0257-jpgI am so excited!! I got my beautiful prayer shawl from KayeMory and it is simply gorgeous!! She said that some of her friends wanted it and now I see why! I am so lucky!! I will treasure this for ever!! It is made from the Jacob's Ladder pattern. Now I have to learn to do it. Thanks so much Kaye!!! P.S. My Kaye took the picture and cut the top off my head but the shawl looks good!! lol
    It looks good on you! I'm glad you like it, Faye. Tell Kaye if she wants one to let me know her colors and I'll see what I can do.

14. Likes justplainjudy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Meercat, Several of our churchs around here have women's groups and they make the shawls. And I have goten a number of patterns fron Red Heart Yarns and fron lion brand yarn on the computer. A friend that started our crochet group in our apartments was making a shawl for a group of church ladies. I was making baby blankets for the hospital so I didn't start a shawl. Texas transplant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the offer but Kaye isn't into crocheted items unless she picks them out. I know she would be glad you thought of her but it is not necessary to send her one. Thanks again for mine!

17. Likes justplainjudy liked this post