Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  138
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

Thread: Inspired by Kay

Post Thanks / Like
    Bless All especially Crochet Talk Friends. I am told by Dr P. that I need friends to talk with, cry with etc. not just internet. What does she know. Im dealing with past & allways will now my hubby has lost sight in 1 eye & other partially. See I talk too much as I have no one but us(2) and laptop. Love to crochet but exspensive as I donate 95% of it. Promise not to cry on your shoulders again as you need needle strength hahahehe. LUV Susan MJ

Post Thanks / Like
    You can talk all you want on here! You can vent all you want. We don't give advice. We listen! Don't forget about the share and compassionate group we have, too! Hugs, Judy

3. Likes janie mae liked this post

Moved to Vacaville, Ca, now in Sacramento
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with nicholasdaniel! What better place to vent, cry and tell our deepest problems. We only know each other by this site but receive unconditional love and solutions. This is probably your outlet because of hubby. My hubby has similar problems but he can cook for himself and does go out driving with me occasionally. Chin up and let the tears flow! Love ya, Anita

5. Likes justplainjudy, janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I say YES!!! You have friends and that dr doesn't know how much we all care for each other. I will listen to you every day and still say give me more. I know that ya'll have helped me through some really bad times and I want to do the same for you guys. So your internet friends care and share!! hugs

Post Thanks / Like
    Janie Mae, why don't you start a ministry. all you have to do is find women who would be interested in making shawls for those that need them, and you can teach a class for those who mihgt want to join in but don't know how to crochet. That's what I did. I had been making shawls on my own but kept thinking that I wanted to do something on a bigger scale. as soon as that thought crossed my mind, one of my Pastors came to me and said that since I crochet, and she worked for Hospice Care, would I be interested in making Prayer Shawls. It's funny how the Lord works. I told her what had been on my mind and I had already made 4 personal Prayer Shawls and some baby blankets and that I wanted to do more. When we put the suggestin to the church, we found that there was intrests but the ladies didn't know how to crochet. I started out with 3 classes and ended up with 10 women who were originall dedicated. There is now 8 of us and one lady is someone I met on the bus who watched me crochet. Our group is a casual, get together group. We now meet once a month (3rd Tuesday) and the last Sunday of the month is when the entire church prays over the shawls.

You just have to want to do this. And I believe you can work out a way to start a group. Personally, I think we need a group here who makes shawls for those in need. I'm leading the group forum but I can't get anyone interested. Tell me what you think.

8. Likes justplainjudy, janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a special gift, you did a beautiful job! I printed a copy of the pattern, its very similar to a pattern I paid for from an on line seller, and it was full of mistakes and missing information. The next shawl I make will be from your pattern. My mom would love one just like it. Excellent work thank you for sharing your pictures.

Shelley

10. Likes justplainjudy, janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Prayer shawl 2

Inspired by Kay-img_0255-jpg This is the shawl from a pattern from KayeMory. I almost ran out of yarn so I didn't make it quite as large as the pattern but I think it is big enough. I am thinking I may donate it to the home where Mama is but I am praying about what to do with it. I knew who to give the other one to as I was making it but this one is not as clear. The yarn is pastel blue, pink, white and lavendar variegated.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's lovely. You'll know when its the right time to give it to someone. That's just the way things work.

Sheley

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye, it is lovely!! What a precious gesture for you to do for a total stranger!

My therapist told me the same thing about having in person friends. She told me that I would not get better if I didn't have friends I could reach out and touch. As important as ALL of you are to me, I see myself improving as I work to better myself and sharpen my people skills as I interact with people in person. Seeing smiling faces of people happy to see me, getting hugs, going out shopping or for coffee with a friend is something I am cherishing!! It enhances my life and makes me a better person, I believe!

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe in person to person contact too. I am so jealous of the people in your life that can get a hug from you. I wish I was able to come see you in person because I surely would. I'm still happy that I can call you friend even if I can't touch you. I fell like my life has been touched by several of you and it matters to me.