Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  138
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: Inspired by Kay

Post Thanks / Like
    It would have been finished faster if the first one I made was the right size. I used the hook size they recommended and it was too small and short so I frogged the whole thing. I think I had maybe 9 rows to go when I unraveled it. Hurts to get almost finished and have to start over. I don't know how many shawls are in my future but at least one more. I feel like your student!! thanks

2. Likes justplainjudy, janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    It would have been finished faster if the first one I made was the right size. I used the hook size they recommended and it was too small and short so I frogged the whole thing. I think I had maybe 9 rows to go when I unraveled it. Hurts to get almost finished and have to start over. I don't know how many shawls are in my future but at least one more. I feel like your student!! thanks
    I think you're going to continue to like how it feels to make someone something that you know will be enjoyed and heat-felt. We make alot of things but there's something about a Prayer Shawl that seems special.
    I was just thinking about the pattern I sent you, and whether I had to make adjustments. The only thing I can think of is that I might have added a few more rows to get the size I wanted. Not sure. it's a nice size - using the K hook. Then the fringe makes it longer. You'll decide for yourself. You just keep up the good work!

4. Likes janie mae, Colesmom liked this post

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Faye,
    This shawl is just gorgeous! Your mom's friend will be one happy lady to receive it. I know since Kay does the Prayer Shawls all the time, she has probably read all this but it fascinates me how some groups do them. Each person will knot a fringe & say a prayer. The color of the shawl can have meaning. The Prayer Shawl Ministry is so wonderful. I wish there was a local group I could be involved with. I have a family member going thru cancer treatment. While he wouldn't appreciate a shawl, his wife & MIL would. A shawl that had been prayed over by a group that way would be so special & knowing it, so comforting to the receiver.
    Hugs, Faye, you did so good, Jane

6. Likes amanda, justplainjudy, MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you are a much better person than I am. I will strive to do better but I am so involved with doing for my family that I love to do that I don't have time to do much more. Every time I make something they want it or one like it. Handling the meeting and reading the posts is about all I can do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye,
    I am just a woman, no better & hopefully no worse than anybody else. I have had some ugly things happen in my life that could have made me a little different or put me in a straight jacket in the "looney bin". Maybe one day, when we both have time to cry, if I'm feeling sorry for myself, I will tell you about it. I try really hard not to get in that shape. I am human though, & I still do.
    Hugs, Jane

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye, that is beautiful! The color and pattern are just gorgeous! You're vrooooomin' as my family calls it! Hugs, Judy

10. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have never heard of a prayer shawl until I joined this group..

12. Likes justplainjudy, janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    MeerKat,
    I get a Red Heart newsletter & I think there is a link to the Prayer Shawl Ministry on their site. If I am incorrect, I bet Kay could tell you exactly where to find it. It is really interesting, inspiring, all those things. See if you can read about it.
    Hugs, Jane

14. Likes justplainjudy, N/A, Trenarah liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have some beautiful patterns of shawls and haven't made one yet, yours is so inspiring that it may be in one of my to do list after I get my grandsons blanket finished and all the baby hats and other baby things I am making for my grandson and the hospital! Faye just remember like I said you are inspirational! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

16. Likes janie mae liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    pretty! thanks for sharing!

18. Likes justplainjudy, janie mae liked this post