Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  94
Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay BarbySue I'm getting in the car now, I'll be there... hmmmm maybe tomorrow? :/ LOL Just kidding, I gotta work darn it anyway. Our states "touch" but I'm in way-north in Alabama) I'm on the Tennessee state line. I'm sure I'm not far from twinfaye... She and I need to meet up somewhere in the middle for lunch. I don't have anyone here either who knows how to crochet and really appreciates the time and effort it takes into making such a beautiful big project. You did good girl!!!

I just (finally!) finished up a runner rug for my hallway. I made it with double strands of acrylic so I can wash it. UGH it was so heavy, especially towards the end, it really felt like drudgery dragging it back and forth over my lap. I did it in lots of different colors, it felt like it was 100 feet long (although it's probably only about 7 feet or so long). I love kitties! I've had sweet house kitties most of my life, don't have any at the moment. For now, I've got my precious furry lovies, my 3 doggies who have to inspect everything I make - while I'm making it - and lawdy look out when I actually put it on the floor, they're all over it.

BTW I love the idea of using the "rubbery" shelf liner we can get at the Dollar General to use as a gripping backing to crocheted rugs. What a great idea! That's why I love this site so much, there are always so many great creative ideas.... Plus all the WONDERFUL supportive people here. It means a lot to me.

Send us pics of the matching rug you make. You know we all love pictures!!

xoxoxoxo
    Shelley

2. Likes Trenarah, carolv liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    good job! thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Pixieglitter: I'm in No. Ga. Sounds like there are quite a few of us "hookers" in the same general area. We are not too far from the Tenn. border but more towards the
    Carolinas. Maybe someday we can find a central meeting place and finally get to meet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelley, I would love to see a picture of your runner. I bet it is just beautiful! I need a runner in my hallway too and one of all different colors would be a great idea. I just love how everyone is so encouraging and supportive here. I have not seen or heard of any nastiness or any of that negative stuff on here. But then again if I were to hear it I would nip it in the bud so to speak. I just wouldn't put up with it. This is too great of a place to put up with it.

Please post a picture of your rug I would love to see it!
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't heard from you in a while. I admit that I am not on here as much as I was. I can't crochet and do housework and stay on here. So, you sound ok and I am so I guess I'll let you get away with no contact for a while. But keep in touch!! hugs

Post Thanks / Like
    U did a great job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you missro007! and thank you to everyone else too! I love all the kind words of encouragement from everyone. It gives me hope to tackle the other one I want to do. LOL

Faye, I took time off to visit my dad for his 80th birthday in Kansas. It is a black hole of technology...no cell phone, no internet, no cable...nothing out there on the farm. That is why you haven't heard from me. But boy am I glad to be back home. There were only a couple of days that it was above 40 out there. I'm not use to that kind of weather. I'm use to 80 degree weather, palm trees and sunshine. But it was sure good to spend time with my dad on the farm and see the baby calves and see my sister.
    Barby Sue

Post Thanks / Like
    I won't tell your sister that she came in second to the calves!! I missed you!! Poor baby 40s huh???? You are spoiled!! Did you have clothes for that weather? Some of us are still having temps in the 20s and 30s. I think I am done with teasing you so I'll move along. hugs

Post Thanks / Like
    I know I did say that didn't I?!!! My sister after the baby calves... oh my! shame on me!! She would laugh at me she knows how I think. Thankfully. Love the teasing.
    Barby Sue

Post Thanks / Like
    That is beautiful! I have been thinking about trying out one or a couple. My husband wants one under the table, my weak excuse was then we'll have to buy a vacuum. Not my favorite action on any that strains I that is a very bad unending story. There went the other things I was ghusbànd