Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Spirals Sweater

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought the pattern.. A simple pattern for beginner clothes crocheters that is 29 pages long!!!! OMG!!!! Do they just want to freak me out??????

2. Likes tammyc77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    I am considering it seriously. I love the way it looks. I guess I could buy yarn. I just wanted to save money. I'll look at my yarn I might have sport yarn and not remember it.
    Faye-I agree with Maryjane, it would be better to use sport yarn. I bought my yarn from Knit Picks, it came out to about $25 including shipping to Canada and taxes. I think you will get lots of compliments on it, my mom did!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twinfaye View Post
    I bought the pattern.. A simple pattern for beginner clothes crocheters that is 29 pages long!!!! OMG!!!! Do they just want to freak me out??????
    Do not worry, Doris Chan explains a lot about yarn, gauge, blocking, the pattern itself is much shorter!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, yes I sat down and read the pattern through and I realized she gave a lot of tips and a second section for plus sizes that I am grateful to her for furnishing. I am also grateful that I don't need the plus size anymore but I know how hard it is to find patterns that include those sizes. Although I think more people are being considerate of the plus size woman. I did find some lavendar sport yarn in my stash. I figured I had some since I have so much but I wasn't sure I would have enough of one color but I did so if I can get the foundation chain now I will start on this. Oh, forgot I can not make Kaye's tree skirt I just can't see the stitchs well enough to knit something that detailed so she is going to take the yarn back to Walmart. My knitting experience needs to be on smaller easier patterns before I tackle something that requires me to learn new stitchs and use fun fur. I don't know why they call it by that name as it is anything but fun!! Some of you are good with it but not me.

Post Thanks / Like
    That sweater is just gorgeous! I love the yarn you chose and the fit is just perfect - beautiful work!!

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful sweater

You did a fabulous job and I, too, would like to know where to find the pattern. I haven't done a sweater for a while but that is so pretty that I would love to do it. It also looks like a fun pattern to work on. Looking forward to getting the pattern and getting started if you wouldn't mind sharing the info with me. Thank you in advance for the information.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the sweater.......do you mind sharing the pattern?

Tigg

Post Thanks / Like
    Everybody, the pattern is on the first post. Just click on it and it will take you to the site to buy the pattern. I'm almost back to the place I got to last time. About 10 rows to go before I get back to where I was. UGH!! Hope to post the finished sweater sometime in my lifetime! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Its beautiful. A question- Where do you find patterns to make sweaters

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just past the boob line. I have 3 rows under the armhole. It takes 20 rows to make it the length I want I hope. That was how many she used for hip length. I think my being larger that a 4 may make me have to make it longer. lol I am really happy with it now and hopefully by this weekend I will be done. Of course, I will post pictures as soon as I can.