Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

retired with painted laundry cabinets

Since I retired I have done a lot of decorating in my home. These are the old metal kitchen wall cabinets we moved into the laundry room when my son remodeled the kitchen. My husband never got to see much of my art work. My son did the work and I painted the cabinets sometime later. Attachment 2763Attachment 2761Attachment 2762You can barely see the boxes , etc below the cabinets. I covered a lot of them with plastic canvas, paint and crochet "jackets" and use them for storage of some of my craft supplies, pins and needles etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful work! You are very talented.

3. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is very beautiful! Thanks for sharing....Hey ambermuffinz like your signature....way cool. happy crocheting.

5. Likes Trenarah, AmberMuffinz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Omg..they are absolutely stunning..I love them ..I love the colors..you are very very artistic and talented. The plastic canvas boxes are beautiful as well..I used to do some years ago with my Mother in law..just haven't done that in years. Thank you for sharing ..I so enjoyed seeing your pictures!

7. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ooooohhhh -----beautifully done!

9. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    very very nice. soooo pretty. Thanks for sharing
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw this on a craft show on TV one time and I loved i. I didn't have a pattern so I sketched the picture on paper and then drew it on the painted background then painted the birdhouses and limbs, etc .It ended up looking a lot like the one on TV. Then in my hallway where I keep my little dog, I painted that scene too. It is complete with a real picket fence screwed to the wall. Then there are painted flowers and a real little birdhouse peeking up over the fence. My door into the garage then became a door into a fake tiny house with painted window blind in the top panel of the wooden door as if you are looking out thru a glass window. There is a painted tree in the corner of the room and over part of the ceiling. The floor has a painted fake cobblestone walk to the back door. The back steps from the kitchen into that hallway are painted also like cobblestone. Everything needs some touch-up now. Somewhere I think I have a picture taken when it was newly finished. That was another project that started by watching that same craft show on TV. I don't have cable
    tv any more because I can't afford it so I don't know what they have on now for craft shows. Did anyone used to watch something called Home Matters? There was a guy that showed us all kinds of home decorating ideas. I don't know if he is on any more and don't remember his name.

12. Likes Kathy B., Trenarah, AmberMuffinz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    GOD blessed you with talent for sure, for all you crochet and paint, i am in awe of the cabinets, makes me want mine done now lol ( they bring the outside inside),

Surrounded by the mountains of Vermont, USA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Come to my house...?

15. Likes Trenarah liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love your painting. beautiful work

retired with painted laundry cabinets
    Last edited by TallGirl; 01-16-2013 at 07:51 AM.