Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Stuff I've been working on

Here are a few pictures of some things I've been working on. The first one is a rug-the round one in blue, black and white one. Then there is a folded piece it is not a scarf jus a very long afghan that I am working on. I wanted something long and I'm making it wide so I can snuggle up in it on the couch. I'm making it in teal and white, although it looks blue in the picture. Then there is my slouchy hat. It didn't come out perfect, but it was my first one and you know they say...practice makes perfect.

And the last picture is of our banana plant that is loaded with fruit. So if you ever wondered what they look like on the plant...now you know. The purple thing is the bloom and it will probably produce two or three more rows of bananas. We get all excited whenever they bloom, just like little kids. So I had to share with ya'all.
    Attached Images Attached Images Stuff I've been working on-015-jpg Stuff I've been working on-016-jpg Stuff I've been working on-014-jpg Stuff I've been working on-002-jpg 
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Great to see your banana plant. TFS. You are doing better in the crochet dept then me. Can't seem to decide/settle to something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Girl, I am standing in your dust!!! Is that you under your hat? You look like a teenager!! Your work is beautiful and I love how you are tailoring your afghan to suit YOU!! I love the weave on it, it is called Basket Weave, right? I love the yarn choices you make!! You do fantastic work!!!

When will you get to eat the fresh bananas? I bet they are delicious!! When I was a little girl, one of the houses where we lived had a fig bush. Every August, I would stand there and pull all of them off and eat every single one. They were so good!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    nice work and you have some great looking nanners!!! LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Barbysue, these are ab fab. Oh and I'm happy to leave Melb, Oz, to move in with you anytime... I mean for the banana's of course. Ha ha. Just kidding. I happen to love bananas and crochet. So right now you are my favourite destination. Maybe I'll just wave from here in Australia. Love the rug, by the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the colors of blue you have chosen!! Cool plant, too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone for your kind words! Ya'all are just great. You give my ego a needed boost! Yes, Landon that is me under the hat, Bob wouldn't model that one for me. LOL We should get the nanners in another two months or so.

MaryD come on around and move in! Love to have ya' although I would love to see the Kangaroos in your parts.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbySue View Post
    ...MaryD come on around and move in! Love to have ya' although I would love to see the Kangaroos in your parts.
    Ha ha... Would really love to. But hate to disappoint you but Kangaroos are not the sweetest of animals. They are rather agressive and very strong. Koala's on the other hand are absolutely gorgeous. Though they always seem to sleep. Oh and never saw a kangaroo until I was in my late twenties. They are not zoned for the suburbs.

So pop the kettle on I'll have coffee; white with one. I be there in 22 hours. Ha ha.

9. Likes GrammaJoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everything looks great!!! I want your banana tree lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Your projects look great. Love the colors and designs. Hey, I need a banana for my smoothie. Can you send me one? Annette