Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  24
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WittyKitty View Post
    Thank you all for your kind words. It means alot to me. I don't know anybody in real life who crochets, so it is nice to have positive feedback from like-minded folks.
    Me neither. This is why I love this forum so much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now that I think about it, I don't know anyone either who crochets. My mom knows how (she was my teacher) but she hasn't/can't for 20-30 years because of arthritis in her hands. People are so surprised and in awe anytime I show them something I've made. I've offered to teach them how to crochet, but they never seem to really want to learn. They're really missing out on something special. It's brought me a lot of joy in my life, and also seen me through a lot of rough times.

3. Likes WittyKitty, Maryd. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Now that I think about it, I don't know anyone either who crochets. My mom knows how (she was my teacher) but she hasn't/can't for 20-30 years because of arthritis in her hands. People are so surprised and in awe anytime I show them something I've made. I've offered to teach them how to crochet, but they never seem to really want to learn. They're really missing out on something special. It's brought me a lot of joy in my life, and also seen me through a lot of rough times.

It's because people don't only think of crochet as an old craft, but also too hard. Even though it really isn't that hard. In fact I prefere crochet over knitting.

5. Likes WittyKitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    I love crocheting and I completely agree with you, it has given me many positive experiences. I prefer to crochet for others and give my projects away as gifts because it makes them happy. I 've actually tried to teach some of my friends, but it just didnt stick.

7. Likes dragondrummer, Maryd. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome! thanks for sharing!