Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: My crochet work

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks yarnmama! It is a gift actually...still in my possession though! My best friend does not live next door so we get to see each other very rarely now.
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Patti Hale View Post
    I have yet to master the cotton thread crocheting myself. My grandmother was very good at it and made nice edgings for pillow cases and sheets that she embroidered.

I do remember/have seen the pineapple pattern just can't seem to do it and as my eyesight gets worse it seems like something even harder for me to achieve. Love the look, congratulations on a beautiful project.
    the pineapple pattern is one Ilove the most. but when I crochet with number 10 crochet thread I use two strands togather and a size E or F hook I get the same pattern and same look by doing that.

3. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks cherkeerose!

That sounds doable, will have to give it a try! Thanks for the great tip!

5. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Patti Hale View Post
    Thanks cherkeerose!

That sounds doable, will have to give it a try! Thanks for the great tip!
    works great for me have found very few patterns that it does not work with. and you are very welcome. if I could figger out how to post some pictures on here I would show you some of the items I have made using this method.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cherkeerose View Post
    works great for me have found very few patterns that it does not work with. and you are very welcome. if I could figger out how to post some pictures on here I would show you some of the items I have made using this method.
    Yes, thanks for the idea. I have recently just tried working with the thread, trying to make little stars for a flag afghan. It is not easy. I actually have a pineapple table cloth my Mother made. I would never be able to stick with working with thread for that large of a project. I also have small doilies she made. She has one she had started before she stopped crocheting and now I want to try and finish it since she passed away last year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenda View Post
    Yes, thanks for the idea. I have recently just tried working with the thread, trying to make little stars for a flag afghan. It is not easy. I actually have a pineapple table cloth my Mother made. I would never be able to stick with working with thread for that large of a project. I also have small doilies she made. She has one she had started before she stopped crocheting and now I want to try and finish it since she passed away last year.
    You are so lucky to have such an heirloom. Do you have a daughter or granddaughter you can pass it onto? Herw is a picture of the potholder I made with number 10 cotton crochet thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images My crochet work-photo_00013-jpg 

9. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow...nicely done. Your work looks very even. Haven't really tried my hands with this, only a little fooling around with small things. I know that your friend will love this doily.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow...great tip.....I will try it doubled, but doing a simple pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful work! My great-grandmother taught me to crochet using thread! She also did nice work! She mainly crocheted edgings for pillowcases, etc! Thank you for posting the photo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cherkeerose View Post
    You are so lucky to have such an heirloom. Do you have a daughter or granddaughter you can pass it onto? Herw is a picture of the potholder I made with number 10 cotton crochet thread.
    Very nice, it looks thicker than what I've been working with, is it doubled?

Yes, I have a daughter and a granddaughter. Granddaughter is 2 1/2. Hopefully she'll take care of it.