Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Some of my work

Post Thanks / Like
    How precious that your daughter is learning to crochet too!! How is she coming along with it? Your work is amazing!! The dolphin pieces are WOW! Your Christmas pieces look so delicate, great job on everything!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love all your pictures. You are so talented. I would like to try the christmas baulbs myself if I ever get done with my x-mas presents..
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

Post Thanks / Like
    love your work vicky! you are very talented! i need to crochet my christmas tree some ornaments too, maybe next week when i am on vacation.

Post Thanks / Like
    TYVM everybody. I live in a very small town in Kansas and I don't get out much (we are equidistant from all the nearby towns...35 miles in any direction lol), so it's nice to get feedback.

Oh...as a hint to success with the Christmas balls...they are hard plastic Crafter's Balls. I got them at Hobby Lobby on sale for 1/2 price. The little ones were 75 cents, and the big ones were 99 cents. The hard plastic is beautiful and child/pet proof. Also, under the caps of each ball is a crafter's hook from which things can be hung. Special earrings that you lost one; class ring; baby ring; pictures; baby's first hair cut hairs; anything at all. Since the last few rows of the pattern must be sewn when the piece is on the ball, I know I could never have done those if they had been glass!!! Also, because I could pull the pattern as tight as needed, I could get the pattern all the way to the top and tucked up under the cap. Most crochet patterns for glass balls go only part way up/down the ball because any tight work would break the glass.
    Last edited by Vicky Lynn; 11-25-2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Add info

5. Likes Kathy B. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    great job! thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    everything is so lovely, my favorite are the snowflakes and the x-mas ornaments

Post Thanks / Like
    Vicky, I really love everything you made, your choice of colors is great & everything is just wonderful. I would love to spend Christmas at your house with all the lovely projects you have made. Thats what makes Christmas so special. Thank you so much for sharing. Love it Love it Love it

Post Thanks / Like
    I just love it all. The baby is so special. Where did you get the patteren for the christmas balls?
    Good stiching
    Billie

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought me some clear plastic balls at wall-mart for 98 cts. ea.. Just 3. I'm gonna try doing them when I'm done with the presents using one of the pattern Barbra posted in her list of christmas pattern sights. There are a few nice ones in it but if I can't follow the directions, I'll just wing it and make up my own. I just loved yours.
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy