Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Patti Hale\My Documents\My Pictures\Elle\Elle 4 wks 4.JPG[/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like
    These berets are so cute. I have never been much of a hat wearer but I could see making theses for a couple of people as gifts. I need to ask how you are uploading your photos. I have one I want to share and when I go to post it, the image link only asks for a url, which I don't have. I tried simple copy & paste but that isn't working either. Maybe the photo is too big? Any help is appreciated. Sorry for hijacking your thread!

Post Thanks / Like
    Kai
    I'm trying to upload a picture of my granddaughter and when I hit the insert picture it asks for a url instead of having a way to upload a picture from my hard drive. I put the address of my picture in the url box and just got a address, no picture.

How did you get the pictures in the your posting?

Post Thanks / Like
    I love your slouchy beret Kaisensei! Actually some of the baby hats I crochet look more like berets than hats. Next on my list a hat for my 14 yo son. He has been waiting patiently for me to make it since last winter.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried to make a knit stockinette stitch cap for my son once. I didn't do so well working on that one. I like knitting too but it is more complicated than most crochet patterns I don't find it to be as relaxing. When I want to sit down and relax, a little mindless crocheting is perfect!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, crochet is very relaxing. I knit continental so it is a bit more mindless than the other knitting method When I want to make something fast, I prefer to crochet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Please tell me what continental knitting is.........I think I have an idea. A girl I worked with years ago came from Latvia and she knit different than I did.

Post Thanks / Like
    Continental knitting is when you hold the yarn taught and move the needle around the yarn (front or back) instead of wrapping the yarn around the knitting needle. It makes knitting go much faster- also less stress on fingers and hands. I also end up with very uniform knitted pieces this way.

Post Thanks / Like
    @yarnmama- I've never heard of that. Do you go back and forth between the two styles on different projects or do you just use the one now? I think after knitting the same way for so many years, I would be hard pressed to change my style now. It would be interesting to try though.
    Last edited by Theresa L; 10-06-2011 at 04:03 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I think that would be so difficult to learn, as you would have to unlearn the old way first. Too tough for me.