Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a cute beret! I've never tried to make any kind of hat before. It might be fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Catdoll View Post
    What a cute beret! I've never tried to make any kind of hat before. It might be fun.
    Its easy! I haven't been online these past few days due to the horrible weather here in the Philippines. It caused a lot of floods (but my house wasn't flooded) and power black outs. It also caused schools to be shut down for a few days. So I've been crocheting during that time and I'm nearly done with a blue beret that has a same design as my avatar. I will be posting the pictures soon. So within 3 days, I was able to finish a beret! Yes i swear its that easy! In fact, I could have probably done it in less than 3 days but I did other things besides that.

So do let me know if you guys make one or have made one already. I'd love to swap crochet patterns with you all!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kai
    Sorry to hear about your miserable weather, it has been a bad year around the world. Really unusual. I would love to make that baret also, are you using thread or yarn.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm using yarn for my beret. I now tend to do crochet projects using yarn coz its so much faster than thread. I'm nearly done with almost 2 beret projects at the same time! So yay! I will post those pictures real soon. I feel so sad though coz the net at home is not working. Argh!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there are you have bad weather. I say something on the news last night.

Post Thanks / Like
    The beret looks super cute! I don't think I can pull that look off, but my sister can. I'm more of a toque person haha.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellie View Post
    The beret looks super cute! I don't think I can pull that look off, but my sister can. I'm more of a toque person haha.
    Hi Nellie! I had to research what Toque means before I could comment! LOL. I'm afraid the Toque here would be too much for us since we are a tropical country. I'm already done with the two berets that I was doing this week. Yay! I'm still thinking if I should make another beret of a different design or try making a scarf, bag, or accessories made of crochet as my next project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    Hi there are you have bad weather. I say something on the news last night.
    Oh my gosh you have no idea how bad it is! Its like flooding everywhere! I'm so grateful I live in the center of the capital so no near bodies of water near my home. But the rest of my countrymen are in chest deep flood or more. There were towns where they were totally isolated because of the flood. I think its coz the dams were overflowing and some of the dams were destroyed. Other dams released too much water causing floods everywhere. Now there's another Typhoon coming and we are praying REALLY REALLY hard that it won't be as strong and as destructive as the last one. Thanks for the concern!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kai
    Sorry I am so late with my reply, Glad to hear that you are alright. It seems there is disaster after disaster this year, you would think it was 2013..........We were in a hurricane in Florida one year and that was really scary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I heard about that as well. There are a lot of natural disasters (typhoons, tsunamis, earthquakes!) lately which makes one really think and also prayerful. I hope and pray that we won't experience anymore natural disasters this year. I don't know if our capital can take it. A lot of our sea walls were destroyed by the Storm Surge a week ago. So yeah.. Hope that it will be good weather for all of us this following months. Also all this natural disasters reminds us that we should really also take care of our environment. The flash floods were worst these past few years because of the lack of trees (according to the news). Anyway, thanks for the concern Misty!