This is 6 rndsDoes anyone know what this crochet piece is?-100_7003-jpg

I had this written down.
4 ch sl st to make circle although I used a magic circle I forgot it said to ch 4. Anyways it's 8 sc's in circle and the next rnd is 2 sc in ea circle.
rnd 3 says 3 hdc on sides and 1 dc in corners. I also wrote rnd 3-8 - 4 chains in corners and I wrote - for rnd 3 -I ch 4 and dc in next st and then did 1 hdc in the next 3 sts and ch 4 and dc in next st and then 1 hdc in the next 3 sts and ch 4 and repeat. After I get back to beginning I ch 4
rnd4 1 sc, 1 hdc, 2 dc (I chained 4 and did 1 sc, 1 hdc and 1 dc in the next 2 sts)
rnd 5 2 sc, 2hdc and 4 dc ( I did 2 sc's in the same st, 2 hdc's in the next st, 2 dc in the next st and 2 dc's in the next st)
rnd 6 is 4 dc's and 4 tr crochets (I put 1 dc in ea of next 4 sts and then 1 tr crochet into ea of next 4 sts)

So I have 8 sts on the sides and the ch 4 on the corners. rnd 7 is 2 hdc, 5dc, and 5 tr crochet; how do I do that when I only had 8 sts on rnd 6?

rnd 8 is 2 hdc, 7dc and 7 tr crochet and now I see I have written down - It looks like 2 sc and 2 hdc over the ch st. I wonder if I was supposed to crochet over the chain sts. I looked at the pattern again and I still can't figure out rnd 7.