Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know what this crochet piece is?

This is 6 rndsDoes anyone know what this crochet piece is?-100_7003-jpg

I had this written down.
    4 ch sl st to make circle although I used a magic circle I forgot it said to ch 4. Anyways it's 8 sc's in circle and the next rnd is 2 sc in ea circle.
    rnd 3 says 3 hdc on sides and 1 dc in corners. I also wrote rnd 3-8 - 4 chains in corners and I wrote - for rnd 3 -I ch 4 and dc in next st and then did 1 hdc in the next 3 sts and ch 4 and dc in next st and then 1 hdc in the next 3 sts and ch 4 and repeat. After I get back to beginning I ch 4
    rnd4 1 sc, 1 hdc, 2 dc (I chained 4 and did 1 sc, 1 hdc and 1 dc in the next 2 sts)
    rnd 5 2 sc, 2hdc and 4 dc ( I did 2 sc's in the same st, 2 hdc's in the next st, 2 dc in the next st and 2 dc's in the next st)
    rnd 6 is 4 dc's and 4 tr crochets (I put 1 dc in ea of next 4 sts and then 1 tr crochet into ea of next 4 sts)

So I have 8 sts on the sides and the ch 4 on the corners. rnd 7 is 2 hdc, 5dc, and 5 tr crochet; how do I do that when I only had 8 sts on rnd 6?

rnd 8 is 2 hdc, 7dc and 7 tr crochet and now I see I have written down - It looks like 2 sc and 2 hdc over the ch st. I wonder if I was supposed to crochet over the chain sts. I looked at the pattern again and I still can't figure out rnd 7.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, for rnd 7 if I did 2 hdc's and 2 dc's over the 4 chains and then 1 dc ea in the next 3 sts and then 1 tr crochet in ea of the next 5 sts. I'm going to try that. for rnd 7 I'm chaining 4 and then crocheting the 2 hdc's, 5 dc's and 5 tr crochets and chaining 4 and repeating the hdc's dc's and tr crochets and chaining 4 and repeating around.

Now to figure out rnd 8.
    rnd 8 2 hdc, 7dc and 7 tr crochet

rnd 7 is 12 sts. rnd. 8 is 16 sts.

for rnd 8 I ch 4 and I figured if I do 2 hdc and 2 dc over the ch in the previous row and then I have 12 sts for the 5 dc and the 7 tr crochets. and ch 4 and repeat

thanks for looking everybody. I guess I figured it out but I was probably supposed to be crocheting over the ch 4's in the other rows.

I have written for rnd 3 to ch 4 and dc in the next st, etc. rnd 3 is the only rnd that I had written that I was supposed to ch 4 but I figured I was supposed to ch 4 at the beginning of the other rounds too and on each side of the square so that's what I did.

The pattern makes a 6 inch square.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 06-20-2020 at 09:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the finished 6 inch square
    Does anyone know what this crochet piece is?-100_7004-jpg
    Anybody know what square this is?

I used a I-5.25 mm hook
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 06-20-2020 at 10:09 PM.

4. Likes ramblyambly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, It seems like your stitches are uneven. I would either take apart and start fresh or try another one but don't use this one as a pattern. Try going from ,-, then go on. Don't try to do the whole row it can throw you off. Good luck. Sue H.

6. Likes spoula liked this post