Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Lap Blanket

Post Thanks / Like

Lap Blanket

Well here is the bulky yarn lap blanket I was making finally finished. Now on to some more crochet.

Spoula
    Attached Images Attached Images Lap Blanket-lap-blanket-jpg 

2. Likes Jean Marie, PookieS21, Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    Looks Nice Spoula. Is the lap blanket for yourself?

4. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jean Marie,

No, it is for my daughter she asked me if I would make one for her.

6. Likes justplainjudy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful work as usual, Spoula!

8. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Nova55, I just finished another little top for my little granddaughter. The patten was for a 4-6 year old. I made it with the recommended hook size and it was so big . I went down a hook size and used smaller yarn and made it again and it still looked like it wold fit a 10 year old not a 4 year old. So I am giving up and hopefully she will grow into it. I am thinking about making more bikini's for my older granddaughters. I have see some pretty pictures on the Internet that I like a lot but they are for the product not the pattern and I think it is quite expensive when the bikini's are so small not much material. I will just have to look at the picture and make some if I can that is what I did last time. The hard part was the lining and the small elastic around the top of the legs and hips.

Choiyuk posted links for bikini patterns that I can use as a guide she is so nice. She is keeping me busy with so many ideas and patterns.
    Have you finished your projects yet?
    Spoula

10. Likes Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I like that blanket that you made for your daughter. What are the dimensions?

12. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello MeToo, I started with 36 inches wide and wanted 42 inches in length. After adding the borders I think I ended up with 38X47 (3ft by 4ft)

Spoula

14. Thanks MeToo! thanked for this post
    Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spoula - have a new post with pics in the Vendor section, if you're interested.

16. Thanks spoula thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nova point me to the new ones.

I am interested I went to the vendor section and clicked on The Crochet Butterfly and found myself in the pictures of the Granny Squares. They are all beautiful. I could spend several hours going through all of these pretty items.

Did you ever finish the little skeleton family you started? Not the big one I think Arthur was his name the one I said was scary but you gave him clothes and he turned out adorable. I will have to continue going through all you pictures.

Thanks so much for the reminder.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Spoula! Glad you liked one of my posts! Since I closed my shop I haven't been doing too many of those "Pattern" posts - they always took so long to do! Although I do think they were informative and hopefully gave people some inspiration. I didn't continue with Arthur and his girlfriend. They are enjoying life sitting on top of the entertainment unit in CA presently. I did look up some doll furniture and how to make a couch/loveseat for them and I saved that info. The little skeleton is either riding the squirrel ornament or sitting on top of a Ho Ho Ho centerpiece, also on top of the entertainment unit (my husband is a Mall Santa, so we kind of do Christmas all year long).
    For what it's worth, I showed my mom Arthur's pic and she thought he was really scary too, but she did like the Valentine's pic of him. He's much more charming in a top hat and bow tie.

Nova55

19. Likes spoula liked this post