Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Post Thanks / Like

Fast and easy hat to match cowl!!

Fast and easy hat to match cowl!!-cowl-hat-lb-hometown-usa-001-jpg If you want fast and easy this is the hat for you! I used LionBrand Hometown USA a bulky yarn. You hold 2 pieces of yarn together to make the hat. This is bulky so it is a little hard to handle but I think any crocheter could do this pattern. Be careful with the tension and make the chain loose as this is the bottom of the hat and it needs to be big enough to go over your head. As most of you know I crochet tight so I had to frog a row or two to lossen the chain. The stitch is a half crochet and you do a decrease stitch but it tells you how to do it. I posted more pictures of the cowl in the thread: I love this scarf. So give it a try, the yarn was on sale for $2.50 at Walmart so I made the cowl and the hat for $7.50. Doing that math the cowl takes 2 skeins and the hat 1.

Post Thanks / Like
    They are very cute! Fast and easy to boot! That's always a crowd pleaser, LOL Did you say that is a reddish orange or an orangish red? I really like the colour!

Post Thanks / Like
    Love them! The color is really pretty.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing with us! Did you create them from a free pattern from Lion Brand?

Post Thanks / Like
    very nice twinfaye! i love to crochet with the 2 strands of yarn. this technique makes up for some really fast crochet projects! thank you for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I try to always find a free pattern. Yes, it was from their site. It is Tennessee orange and I am amazed that ya'll don't recognise that!!lol!! In TN the color is everywhere as it is the biggest college in the state. As far as I know. My son went there but he majored in Party 101 and had to come home. Why were we upset that he didn't get a single grade? Skipped every class. So it is a reddish orange. Thanks for the comments.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good faye! thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great, Faye. Something fast and easy is always welcomed especially when making Christmas gifts. Fantastic job!--Jan

Post Thanks / Like
    Love it Faye!!! You sure are keeping yourself busy!