Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7
    Post Thanks / Like

My latest finished project Toddler Vest for a Girl

The Pattern is from The Lavender Chair and is called Ring Around the Rosie using Caron Cakes.
    I used almost the same colors as her but I think I used the Caron cakes incorrectly. I unraveled the huge cake and cut the yarn in order of how I wanted it to look. It took time to do it that way and I was pleased with the results but I would not do that again I would use the yarn how it comes off the roll.

I like her patterns and she shares them for free.

The size I made is for a 3 year old my little Grand daughter. The back has a nice design in a circle and when I had enough yarn left I decided to make a hat to go with the vest. I used a smaller version of the back circle design then just finished the hat with HDC and some shells to cover her ears.
    Spoula
    Attached Images Attached Images My latest finished project Toddler Vest for a Girl-vest-top-hat-jpg My latest finished project Toddler Vest for a Girl-vest-front-hat-jpg 

2. Likes ramblyambly, Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    Nice job. You said you cut the yarn in how you wanted it to look. That's something to be able to do that!

4. Likes MeToo!, spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Jean Marie,

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    That is the cutest little set. About cutting the yarn - you would have to do that to get a variety of colours when working a small project like that. Otherwise, the whole thing would be the same colour (as far as I can tell). Me, I'd never go to that trouble; I'd just buy 3 or 4 small balls.

That granddaughter of yours must have a whole closetful of your creations by now.

7. Likes spoula liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That's cute and quite creative on the hat. I am with you on just letting it come out of the skein how it may!

9. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Momto8,

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi MeToo, Those Caron Big Cakes yarn have a lot of yarn on those rolls. I think it was either 5 or 6 different shades of lavender from the lightest to the darkest. I started from the bottom and pulled out the lightest first. After I cut up all the yarn I then rolled each color up on toilet paper rolls in a crisscrossed design and lined them up in front of me on the table in the order of the color I wanted next.

The pattern was very easy to do it only took a couple of hours to do the longest part was the cutting and rolling of the yarn. Ha Ha

Also it was cheaper to buy 1 Caron cake then 6 rolls of other yarn.

I have made a lot of things for my granddaughter and have enjoyed doing it. It keeps me busy.

Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 11-23-2019 at 06:44 AM.

12. Thanks MeToo! thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Spoula, this is an adorable set. I used the same website and made one of these for an adult friend of mine in her favorite color of emerald or as close to that color as I could get and she loved it.

14. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good work! I like it
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lynda, I forgot about this as I made this one a while back. I like the color emerald so I bet yours turned out lovely.
    Spoula