Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I really do love those colours and am glad to know I am in good company, LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing this. Perhaps it will encourage others who feel they must be the only one who found their first steps in crochet to be a bit tangled.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes!!! Oh, Chefmomster, you are so right! Cos, look at us. How many people responded that their first attempts were similar? :)

Post Thanks / Like
    everyone needs to have a few of their original pieces around just to remind them how far they've come!
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    My first crochet looked like my cat did it but she would have done a better job. I'm just getting back into crocheting alot after maybe 10 years of nothing. So, some of mine right now are looking the same again. lol.

6. Likes Landon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not to be rude, Landon, but, what exactly was the pattern to be? Hahahaha We all need a project like this to keep our feet planted firmly on the ground. Thanks for sharing. Lynner3345

8. Likes Landon liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Been there, Done that

We've all been there, done that. I tried to teach my 15 yr old gr-dau how to crochet when she asked. She had a hard time catching on so I tried to show her how to read pattern, and I read it to her, but she got so frustrated she gave up and asked me to make it for her. Had to tell her I would help but she will do most of it so if she really wants to learn she needs hands on. Needless to say, school started and it will sit...LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Lynner, I just wanted to practise, I really had no pattern on hand. Not that I could read them then or now for that matter!! LOLOL

Karen, I hear ya!!

Roxe, I hope she picks it up again. But, I certainly understand her frustration!! Been there, done that too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Think before you cut

This is what happens when you don't follow the instructions correctly, LOL-img_0759-jpg. (By the way The PIC's upside down). This was one of my first attempt when learning to crochet a few years ago. It's was actually a 98" coffee table runner. It's about 18" now. It was supposed to have a fringe at each end, but I did not like the fridge so in my wisdom I CUT it off. Well now I had a real problem!! LOL. I thought I could just rip each row back a little, yeah, you guessed, I now had no hope for repair. So, I bought some Iron on tape an put it on and put it away, never to look at it again. I saw it constantly when I went to get something from my crochet baskets. Well, the other day I went and bought some lace and sewed it to cover each end. It actually doesn't look to bad in reality, but knowing it's history I will never think it's up to par. I now think before I cut but that's all I learned. I still don't follow directions all the tome. LOL!!
    LadyellaONE DAY AT A TIME

Post Thanks / Like
    My first attempt was a sweater for my husband that I gave up and donated the yarn and everything when I realized it was way beyond my ability! We laugh about it now but at the time I was very depressed and frustrated.