Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    And to think I have been using bobby pins and safety pens to get my elastic through what I am sewing!! Thank you to Quani for posting a pic of this and thank you to Irishjl for the explanation!!

Happy Crafting!
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon View Post
    And to think I have been using bobby pins and safety pens to get my elastic through what I am sewing!! Thank you to Quani for posting a pic of this and thank you to Irishjl for the explanation!!

Happy Crafting!
    Landon
    You aren't the only one! I've got a tool like this in my 'stash' but I had no idea what it was for!
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

3. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That would have been handy when my kids were young and I made them a lot of shorts one year. Threading the elastic through the pocket of the waist band with only a large safety pin wasn't always and easy thing to do. I had never heard of this myself.
    Thanks for sharing and educating us.
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by Irishjl View Post
    You thread the elastic thru the eye. Then you put the needle end thru the opening that has been left open for the elastic. Push the needle part thru until it goes all the way around and comes out the same opening it went into. It will pull the elastic thru. Then you can sew the ends of elastic together and then sew the opening closed. After threading the eye, you place both the short tail and the long tail under the looped metal piece and then slide the round metal section down to keep the elastic from coming out of the eye.