Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: coaster I made

Post Thanks / Like
    hi novice61, they have alot of good instructors on you tube. that is where i picked crocheting back up and have been crocheting for 2 1/2 years now. i only wish they had you tube when i was younger. have a great day.OTE=novice61;14370]Hello libertylady64, that is how I am currently learning to crochet. Youtube is a very helpful site; I have made two purses and a hat. I have learned to sc, dc, treble stitch, and other stitches. I never knew that there were so many stitches and I haven't learned half of them as of yet.[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    I have also been using UTube and I also found another site when I can find it I'll share. It has video and the lady is very informative. I can also say that I think I have figured out what of many things I did wrong. Reading the pattern was a big one. I misread the gauge. I think I'm using the wrong size hook. So I will have to change sizes.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a blanket I did about 5 years ago, all in sc. It took me months.
    The other is my 3rd attempt at the coaster. I'm getting better.
    Any constructive criticism would be welcomed
    Attached Images Attached Images coaster I made-img_20120618_000003-jpg coaster I made-img_20120618_000638-jpg 

4. Likes billiebob, Val liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh its so cute I love it!
    Happy Crocheting

Post Thanks / Like
    Sarah, thank you so much. My husband was just saying that he didn't understand why I didn't like it that much because it very pretty. I told him it would be nice to get a little encouragement some times.

Do you think that the granny square afgan would be something to start back up with? This one was single stitch and to be honest by the time I was done I was bored with the stitch. Any advice would be appreciative

Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning, I know how you feel about the same stich over and over but sometimes if you change the shape its more fun. I like round and stars. I can't do grannys but there are soooo many shapes.
    Good stiching
    Billie

Post Thanks / Like
    Granny square afghans are ok, but I get bored sewing them together! I much prefer a one piece afghan!

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you mean crocheting in the round, if not how do you do that, also the star, how do you do that one. Please

Quote Originally Posted by billiebob View Post
    Good morning, I know how you feel about the same stich over and over but sometimes if you change the shape its more fun. I like round and stars. I can't do grannys but there are soooo many shapes.
    Good stiching
    Billie

Post Thanks / Like
    The patteren that taught me how to make a round afgan lay flat was Baby's round ripple from angel crafts I downloaded it from here. Its a baby blanket but you can just keep going till its a size you like I just loved it and it went fast I thought. Im also working on a Michaels download "Big radiant stripes blanket. I used the colors it called for to match my bedspread. I never make anything for myself. I bought a round baby book when I found out about my grandson I wish it had the didrections on how to start to make them flat. I tried blocking but with poly yarn after I washed it it bounced right back. They are all so nice. I just love a change of pace.
    Good stiching
    Billie