Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Cross Square

Post Thanks / Like

Cross Square

I tried to find a pattern for a cross and couldn't find anything I liked, so I sat down and sketched my own, then wrote a rough pattern for it. Here's how it came out in the sample. It measures out as a 7x7 in. square using worsted weight (size 4) and a size 5mm hook.
    I've never made my own "pattern" or sketch to go by! It was exciting to see what I had in mind come to life through the crochet hook! I'm not fond of the border but I was rushing to get it finished, lol.
    I think a blanket with these squares would be nice or even a small "prayer pillow" to give to someone.

Cross Square-image-jpg
    <<~| Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. |~>>

2. Likes Susan2014, Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice!, and I think it would be perfect as a prayer pillow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suewin View Post
    Very nice!, and I think it would be perfect as a prayer pillow.
    I do too. I think when I get the spare time, I might make some to give to people in my church.
    <<~| Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. |~>>

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks Nice Southernrain. The border looks nice too but since you said you weren't fond of it you might want to try a twisted sc or a twisted dc, etc. I posted it somewhere on here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Looks Nice Southernrain. The border looks nice too but since you said you weren't fond of it you might want to try a twisted sc or a twisted dc, etc. I posted it somewhere on here.
    Oh that sounds so pretty! I'll have to look for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also thought of a pillow. My church group makes prayer shawls but this is also a good idea.

8. Likes Susan2014 liked this post