Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Southernrain55, if you do decide to add your name to the blanket, you should also add the date it was given. That way when the recipient grows up, they can look back and see who made and gave the gift as well as the date it was given. I had a hand stitched standard size quilt that my husband's aunt made for him when he was 7 years old which was (58 years ago). It has a hand embroidered picture of a little cowboy on horseback chasing a little cowgirl on horseback across a desert with mountains in the background. It's one of the heirlooms that I handed down to our daughter. We did the same thing to our daughters first hand stitched baby quilt of a large bunny in coveralls holding a basket full of carrots. That way, who ever the current owner is, he or she can look at the tag and see who made it, who the recipient was and when it was made. The perfect heirloom.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carla584167 View Post
    Southernrain55, if you do decide to add your name to the blanket, you should also add the date it was given. That way when the recipient grows up, they can look back and see who made and gave the gift as well as the date it was given. I had a hand stitched standard size quilt that my husband's aunt made for him when he was 7 years old which was (58 years ago). It has a hand embroidered picture of a little cowboy on horseback chasing a little cowgirl on horseback across a desert with mountains in the background. It's one of the heirlooms that I handed down to our daughter. We did the same thing to our daughters first hand stitched baby quilt of a large bunny in coveralls holding a basket full of carrots. That way, who ever the current owner is, he or she can look at the tag and see who made it, who the recipient was and when it was made. The perfect heirloom.
    That is such a beautiful idea! Thank you for the suggestion. <3
    <<~| Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. |~>>

Post Thanks / Like
    Nicely done.
    ---HarriEtta