Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Good job.very pretty.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW Spoula, I love your knitting and crocheting efforts. I can't knit for anything. I love crocheting. I am totally impressed with your beautiful baby sweaters and things you've made. Keep up the great work and Merry Christmas!!! Betty Lynn

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for your kind words. I am not good at crochet I crochet too loose. I can never get the same gauge as I see in patterns. I know how to sew so I can fake the crochet a little. That is what I had to do on the blue sweater I made. I just could not get the pattern to work for me. My mother in law is so good at crochet and knitting she is amazing. When my first grand daughter was born I was making a baby blanket. She looked at me and my work, shook her head and told me to pull it out and start again. I learned a lot of patience with her as I started over many times. I wanted her to think well of me so I watched you tube videos to learn the knitting stitches. I have made several baby things in knitting. Getting the hang of it is not easy or keeping the stitches on the needles. (laugh) If I loose my place or drop a stitch I have to start over again. I cannot ask my mother in law for help as she lives in Paris and does not speak English. The terms are very different. As an example my father in law came to my house to ask for one of my husbands sweaters. The word he used sounded like steak. So I gave him some frozen steaks from the freezer. He looked at me funny and tried to explain. I still didn't understand him. He called her and she got on the phone and explained she wanted one of his sweaters to use to measure as she was making him a sweater for Christmas. So I don't ask too many knitting questions anymore.

I am working on a knit sweater for the same baby girl.I have started over more than 10 times now. The pattern looks easy and the setup for the design is easy but doing the next row of knits, purls, make one right then one left gets me confused. I know the design goes one way to the right and the other design goes to the left but looking at the picture from the pattern and starting upside down is confusing. I have stopped for a couple of days but continue to think how lazy I am and that I should be finishing it. You should try knitting what you don't know how to do or understand how to do it you can Google and watch you tube videos they are pretty good videos.
    Let me know if you try it.
    Spoula

4. Likes kl1000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Jean Marie,
    Thanks, the blue sweater turned out really cute. I never could get those pattern stitches to line up. Thanks for your help on that. I noticed that the white sweater with the purple trim above looks funny. That isn't my stitching it is the way my husband puts the baby things down to take a picture. It's his camera need I say more. Ha

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hello Jean Marie,
    Thanks, the blue sweater turned out really cute. I never could get those pattern stitches to line up. Thanks for your help on that. I noticed that the white sweater with the purple trim above looks funny. That isn't my stitching it is the way my husband puts the baby things down to take a picture. It's his camera need I say more. Ha
    Hi Sandy is it?,
    How did I help? The white sweater with purple trim is very pretty. I didn't notice anything that looks funny.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Jean Marie,
    Actually my name is Sharon, I use Spoula on this site as there may be more Sharon's on this site.
    You and several other ladies replied to my request on pattern instructions on my introduction page to this site. You replied to me several times and other ladies replied too. I took everyone's advice into consideration and it worked out fine. I did change the yarn as it was too stiff for a baby cardigan. I took the same weight of yarn but in a different color. The cardigan in blue with hat and boots is the pattern I was asking for help on. I used the measurement to make it fit. I baby sat one evening and brought the cardigan, hat and boots with me and they fit. I am happy with how they turned out.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful job on all of them. I like knitted garments for their softness, but I know exactly what you mean about mistakes. When you pull out, there are all these loops that have to be put back on just so. With crochet, only one.

Post Thanks / Like
    They are very pretty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Thank you so much for your kind words. I am not good at crochet I crochet too loose. I can never get the same gauge as I see in patterns. I know how to sew so I can fake the crochet a little. That is what I had to do on the blue sweater I made. I just could not get the pattern to work for me. My mother in law is so good at crochet and knitting she is amazing. When my first grand daughter was born I was making a baby blanket. She looked at me and my work, shook her head and told me to pull it out and start again. I learned a lot of patience with her as I started over many times. I wanted her to think well of me so I watched you tube videos to learn the knitting stitches. I have made several baby things in knitting. Getting the hang of it is not easy or keeping the stitches on the needles. (laugh) If I loose my place or drop a stitch I have to start over again. I cannot ask my mother in law for help as she lives in Paris and does not speak English. The terms are very different. As an example my father in law came to my house to ask for one of my husbands sweaters. The word he used sounded like steak. So I gave him some frozen steaks from the freezer. He looked at me funny and tried to explain. I still didn't understand him. He called her and she got on the phone and explained she wanted one of his sweaters to use to measure as she was making him a sweater for Christmas. So I don't ask too many knitting questions anymore.

I am working on a knit sweater for the same baby girl.I have started over more than 10 times now. The pattern looks easy and the setup for the design is easy but doing the next row of knits, purls, make one right then one left gets me confused. I know the design goes one way to the right and the other design goes to the left but looking at the picture from the pattern and starting upside down is confusing. I have stopped for a couple of days but continue to think how lazy I am and that I should be finishing it. You should try knitting what you don't know how to do or understand how to do it you can Google and watch you tube videos they are pretty good videos.
    Let me know if you try it.
    Spoula
    It takes time to know how much tension to put on. After you do a while it will come easier for you