Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: angry bird hat!

Post Thanks / Like
    hi marsha! i got the pattern off of the you tube channel. the teacher is tjw1963 the video is how to crochet the angry bird hat. the facial features in on the video too. i have not tried the longer looms to make an afghan but i have bought them, i just do not have time to try them with all of my orders for crochet projects and having a full time job too. hope this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by marsha View Post
    I also use the looms to make hats. Love your angry bird hat. Did you use a pattern to do the facial features? Would love to have your pattern if you have one. I also have the long looms but can't get the hang of using them even tried follow directions didn't turn out right. Could you tell me if there is directions or a totorial on utube. thanks

2. Likes sarah1313 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    crochetcrazy If you buy them at Michaels or JoAnns wait until they have a 40% off coupon then they are even cheaper then they are at walmart otherwise they are about the same price. When I make the for little girls I usually crochet a flower to put on the side or crochet curls to put on the top (looks like a ponytail) usually make about 3 or 4 curls them make a small flower to tie around the ponytail really cute. boys if little I put a pom pom on top. Your can make a band there are direction or allow the hat to curl up on its own I prefer the band. I donate the hats to the hospitals also make them for adults and donate them for cancer patients Using 2 strand make the hat warmer. My daughter just moved back here from Florida after I was diagnosed with cancer and I am so glad she moved back was gone for 20 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    i made only 1 cancer hat for a friend. i used the bernat "boa" yarn and the red heart super saver yarn with the same color as the bernat yarn. the hat turned out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by marsha View Post
    crochetcrazy If you buy them at Michaels or JoAnns wait until they have a 40% off coupon then they are even cheaper then they are at walmart otherwise they are about the same price. When I make the for little girls I usually crochet a flower to put on the side or crochet curls to put on the top (looks like a ponytail) usually make about 3 or 4 curls them make a small flower to tie around the ponytail really cute. boys if little I put a pom pom on top. Your can make a band there are direction or allow the hat to curl up on its own I prefer the band. I donate the hats to the hospitals also make them for adults and donate them for cancer patients Using 2 strand make the hat warmer. My daughter just moved back here from Florida after I was diagnosed with cancer and I am so glad she moved back was gone for 20 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for the information. JoAnn sells them for $19.99 while Michael's regular price (I sww them today) is $14.99. i am thrilled to say that the manager at my local Michael's (here in So. Fl.) was exceptionally nice and after I asked him about some of the yarns I needed to make the chemo caps, he himself went and got several different ones for me, and when I got up to the register, who was there waiting for me, but the manager. He gave me 20% off my entire order. Definitely needs to be recognized by the main office for being so caring and thoughtful. Would still love to know exactly what pattern it was off of youtube. I already have about 12 different patterns for both knit and crochet, so while I am at it, I might as well be the Energizer bunny and keep going, and going, and going.
    I sincerely hope that your treatment is working and you will soon be back to your old self and free from cancer. Cancer certaily hits home with my family, as my son went thorugh 2 years of treatment when he was just 12 1/2 years old (he is now married with a family) and my sister-in-law is a breat cancer survivor, and 2 very close friends are also breast cancer survivors. KNow you are going to bea it, as you have cancer, cancer doesn't have you.
    DO YOU KNOW WHICH PATTERN IT IS ON YOU TUBE. I tried, but unfortunately could not locate it. Please feel free to send me a PM if you choose to do so.

Post Thanks / Like
    hi crochet crazy! you got a great deal on the looms! if you go to the you tube site then type in the search box "crochet angry bird hat" then a list of videos will come up. the one that you will want to pick is "crochet geek grumpy bird cardinal hat" it is over an hour long and it has step by step info for the features of the face. the hat i made was off of the loom and the facial features i crochet and sew them on.
    Quote Originally Posted by crochetcrazy View Post
    Thank you so much for the information. JoAnn sells them for $19.99 while Michael's regular price (I sww them today) is $14.99. i am thrilled to say that the manager at my local Michael's (here in So. Fl.) was exceptionally nice and after I asked him about some of the yarns I needed to make the chemo caps, he himself went and got several different ones for me, and when I got up to the register, who was there waiting for me, but the manager. He gave me 20% off my entire order. Definitely needs to be recognized by the main office for being so caring and thoughtful. Would still love to know exactly what pattern it was off of youtube. I already have about 12 different patterns for both knit and crochet, so while I am at it, I might as well be the Energizer bunny and keep going, and going, and going.
    I sincerely hope that your treatment is working and you will soon be back to your old self and free from cancer. Cancer certaily hits home with my family, as my son went thorugh 2 years of treatment when he was just 12 1/2 years old (he is now married with a family) and my sister-in-law is a breat cancer survivor, and 2 very close friends are also breast cancer survivors. KNow you are going to bea it, as you have cancer, cancer doesn't have you.
    DO YOU KNOW WHICH PATTERN IT IS ON YOU TUBE. I tried, but unfortunately could not locate it. Please feel free to send me a PM if you choose to do so.

Post Thanks / Like
    My granddaughter would absolutely love that hat!

Post Thanks / Like
    hi cat doll--i do not know how big your granddaughter's head is. the picture of the hat i made is a large. if you would like to have it i could mail it to you free of charge. no one seemed to like it at work . i sell alot of hats where i work at. my email address is b.donna40@yahoo.com-- if are interested just send me an e-mail and i will be happy to send it to you free of charge! at least some one will get some happiness from it! have a great day!
    Quote Originally Posted by Catdoll View Post
    My granddaughter would absolutely love that hat!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen these around an my boy really wants me to make him one so we will see. Good job on it

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you, glad you liked it!
    Quote Originally Posted by allie View Post
    I have seen these around an my boy really wants me to make him one so we will see. Good job on it

Post Thanks / Like

Cool jedawnsmom

I love the idea of the angry bird hat. Thanks for sharing it with us. I have a pattern for a ribbed child or adult hats that are crocheted. But how do you crochet the face of the bird? I'd love to do some for my grandsons.