Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Betty Boop

Post Thanks / Like

Betty Boop

Hi everyone! I finished my BIG project! I am spending time with my 4 neices! I hope I can post some of it . They were totally surprised and I even made a matching pillow for each of them. These pictures I am posting are from my tablet during the making of them. I have to wait for my niece to email pictures to me of them opening them at the party. Then I will post more. This group includes some of my first attempt at putting the first ones together. I had tried every which way to get the picture onto the afghan and finally cut her out from top to bottom! Then I had to crochet the afghan all over again. If I ripped out and did it all over once , I know I did it more than once! In the end instead of making just 4 afghans, I probably ended up crocheting or putting together3 or 4 Afghans before I got it like I wanted them....I actually did finally end up with 4 afghans. I started in November 2015 and finished them in April 2016! Betty Boop-img_20160214_225751-jpgBetty Boop-img_20160308_150324-jpgBetty Boop-img_20160308_150332-jpgBetty Boop-img_20160308_150424-jpgBetty Boop-img_20160308_150342-jpgBetty Boop-img_20160214_225201-jpg

the 1st picture is where I tried to embroidery her onto the afghan and I didn't like it so I ended up trying to pull out all the thread...that didn't work. It looks like she has a big black eye! And her legs and body aren't right. I ended up with the scissors and cut her totally out...cut the afghan from top to bottom on both sides of her. I used one end and started crocheting there to make the rest of the afghan as big as it was originally without her work
    (Compare the picture of Betty Boop with the one below it . )
    I went to Joanne fabric and bought fabric sew-on printer squares which I thought would worked out for me.. I printed them , sewed them on and ended taking them off and reprinting again. Finally that worked. The last pic is one that had the serenity prayer and other printing on it ...I ended up taking all of that writing off and re-did it all over again!
    I used the first set of pics on pillows ! (the first ones I had sewed onto afghans and ended up taking them off and replacing them)
    So they ended up with pillows AND an afghan!

Boy am I glad that is over and done with. Xoxo, redhead/Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 04-25-2016 at 06:13 PM.

2. Likes dancingbaehr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What beautiful things
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    You must have the patience of a Saint! Fantastic creations!

5. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love these Patty wow this was a huge project wasn't it ?? Can hardly wait to see the rest of the pictures 😃 Love you Winnie

7. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie2013 View Post
    I love these Patty wow this was a huge project wasn't it ?? Can hardly wait to see the rest of the pictures �� Love you Winnie
    Thanks Winnie, I am having trouble getting my pictures to post...don't know why. Im also kinda trying in the dark to pick the pictures because they don't show as pictures, just numbers so I have to guess about whether I'm posting the right ones or not. I posted one of my son and 2 of the grand kids that I didn't want to put on line and tried for a good while to delete it and it won't go away so I had to leave it there. I didn't know it was there until I clicked on "preview post". I even tried to edit and still couldn't remove it. I know my daughter n law won't appreciate it if she sees it but I don't know how to delete it. She doesn't belong to CT so maybe she won't see it. I know it would make her mad at me. I wish someone would tell me how to delete it. Love ya, Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    very beautiful items

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry you are having problems with your pictures 😟 I don't have a computer I just use my IPad and sometimes I have trouble with pictures too. I hope someone can help you figure it out (((hugs))) love you Winnie

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patty,

WOW!!!!! What a HUGE project!!! I love the Betty Boop theme! You certainly are a patient person to do and re-do them over and over!!

Maybe Barbara can remove the photo for you. Try sending her a PM about it.

~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

12. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have sent her a PM so maybe she will know what to do.

14. Likes dancingbaehr liked this post