Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  50
Page 1 of 11 123 ... Last

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

As a newbie I just thought I'd share a little of what I've made...

Now, I'm not advanced by any means and having looked though your pictures here compared to those of my little creations they suddenly seem so....ummm....insignificant! But.....nonetheless, I'm very proud of them and hope to advance further in crochet and hopefully one day get to the skill level you guys are at.

As a newbie I just thought I'd share a little of what I've made...-image-jpg As a newbie I just thought I'd share a little of what I've made...-image-jpg As a newbie I just thought I'd share a little of what I've made...-image-jpg As a newbie I just thought I'd share a little of what I've made...-image-jpgAs a newbie I just thought I'd share a little of what I've made...-image-jpgAs a newbie I just thought I'd share a little of what I've made...-image-jpgAs a newbie I just thought I'd share a little of what I've made...-image-jpgAs a newbie I just thought I'd share a little of what I've made...-image-jpgAs a newbie I just thought I'd share a little of what I've made...-image-jpgAs a newbie I just thought I'd share a little of what I've made...-image-jpgAs a newbie I just thought I'd share a little of what I've made...-image-jpgAs a newbie I just thought I'd share a little of what I've made...-image-jpgAs a newbie I just thought I'd share a little of what I've made...-image-jpg

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Ria68; 01-21-2016 at 08:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job! Thank you for sharing with us!

3. Thanks dancingbaehr thanked for this post
    Likes spoula liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Everything looks beautiful! Your work is lovely! Great job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Awww thank you. I know they're nothing special, but they're special to me and to those they're gifted to. I just enjoyed sharing.

6. Likes little drummer, MeToo!, spoula liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job. I know a lot of people will be thrilled with your caring handwork. Keep it up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your work is just beautiful and I know the recipients will be so happy to receive them. Nothing is insignificant. Just have fun crocheting and before you know it, you will be doing more intricate pieces. The important thing to remember is to do what you love to do and have fun with it.

Roe

9. Likes Megcsti, ncoyle754@gmail.com, spoula liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my! I think your projects are great! Keep it up and thanks for posting your pictures! I want to learn to make many of the items you have shared with us! Do not feel you are any less of a good crocheter than the rest of us!

11. Likes the hook and I, spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What nice and perfect works!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

13. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    These are wonderful. I love them all. I can crochet. But knitting is my passion. Don't sell yourself short your work is outstanding in my opinion. Thanks for sharing it.

15. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jankula View Post
    These are wonderful. I love them all. I can crochet. But knitting is my passion. Don't sell yourself short your work is outstanding in my opinion. Thanks for sharing it.
    I crochet but would love to knit too, and I wonder if I would enjoy it as much because I cannot imagine double my pleasure! Knitting seems to be so peaceful and relaxing, just a big difference in the 2 from what I see myself. I crochet a lot and it's a great therapy for my pain, I don't think I have time for learning a new craft when there is still other aspects to crochet I haven't ventured into. I've actually watched knitting videos to enjoy listening to them while crocheting, just to hear a gentle voice going thru the instructions! One girl was an easy to understand British girl and I loved hearing about her life while she worked and talked too. I know a couple of big time popular crochet instructor/designers who also knit and they go back & forth like it's nothing.

I can't help but wonder if I'd take so easily to learn knitting and I did crochet, but I also wonder if I could afford and learn all the types of needles, with the circular and detachable and all of that! I'd probably have to go simple, I actually did both crochet & knit basic stitches very easily in high school but didn't pick up on either until crochet many years later. I used to love cross stitch tho and I believe I've done every hand craft there is throughout my life since the 70's . It gets my creative juices flowing and endorphins racing!