Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  50
Page 6 of 11 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    The sound of all the different needles needed sort of throws me, I think it might be frustrating for me to learn knitting and then I wouldn't enjoy it. I adapted to crochet really well and figured only one hook in my hand would be easier for me to learn and to keep up with. When I picked up a hook it was like I'd done it before, I just started being able to do it right away, then made patterns my own, then I learned to write my own.

I don't love the writing down part of it, but if I don't do that I can't remember it to repeat that pattern later. It would have been wonderful to have someone who knew how to crochet to teach me, more fun to learn but I did well on my own and enjoyed it right from the start. I'm gonna stick with crochet only even tho I'd considered trying to knit. I think the needles would be hard to hold and hard on my arms. I have done the stitching that looks like knitting, and one is very tedious and will not unravel for anything if you need it to, and works better with thicker yarn.

I'm trying to find good stitching right now to use some soft fine pink yarn I have for a spring piece, like a cowl. It's almost too soft, so I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with it yet. I've had a bad headache for the past few days, so am not thinking well. I'm going to look around more later. Have a great day, nice talking with you!
    Hi Susan,
    If you want, you can just get straight knitting needles. Some people like circular knitting needles. Circular knitting needles are shorter needles that have a cord between the needles so your stitches don't fall off and if they do then your stitches will be on the cord. It sounds like a good idea, but I feel the cord gets in the way. I normally don't use dpn's. When I didn't know how to use dpn's I just used 2 dpn's as regular knitting needles.
    You can get shorter straight knitting needles too.

I have crocheted at times just to crochet and didn't know what I was making and then after I crocheted as much as I wanted to I pulled the yarn through and ended it off. Then I rolled it up different ways to see what it could be. That's how I made a heart I have. I'm pretty sure I put on one of the posts in ct how I made the heart but I don't know what post. It seems to me I crocheted something before too that I didn't know what it was going to be or it didn't turn out right and ended up putting a wooden head on it and made it into an angel and made it like she was holding a sheet music which I wrote on it the words 'Silent Night' and gave it to my Mom one year for Christmas.

Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Everything looks beautiful! Your work is lovely! Great job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice!

Post Thanks / Like

Love your projects!

Wooooow, this is a beautiful collection of yours!
    Dear, every crocheted piece are made of love and friendship, and every crocheter/knitter does wonderful projects here. Happy crocheting! Ada.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not advanced?!?! They look great to me. Love the sneakers.

Char

Post Thanks / Like
    You've done a great job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, for a newbie, you are doing awesome...You have some beautiful work done there....

Post Thanks / Like
    For a newbie that's very good I'm a beginner and not even close to doing all that stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful job. Looks like you have experience under your belt.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!

You have reason to be proud of your work. Can't see room for improvement from where I am sitting. I'm new here myself as of April, but not sure if I could make these precious thinge myself. Glad to meet you, my name is Nancy. [/HTML]