Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

Red face The Celtic poncho is finally finished!

About a year ago, I found a link to Jellina's Creations, posted by a member of this board. And I loved the Celtic poncho pattern. My mom loves English gardens, so I looked into my yarn stash and found colors to represent flowers, leaves and grey for the stones around the garden path. I promised to post a picture of it when it was finished, and I am keeping my promise now. Mom chose which color would go where, and I had her try it on to judge the length and fit before I did the top stitching and sewed it together. It has been a very difficult project, and is far from perfect. I had originally hoped to finish it in August for Mom's birthday, but it got delayed so she will receive her birthday present in January when we get to go for a visit. I really hope she likes it. Every stitch was made with love, if not consummate skill. So here is the picture...

The Celtic poncho is finally finished!-fb_img_1450845610410-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images The Celtic poncho is finally finished!-fb_img_1450844358871-jpg 

2. Thanks Nova55 thanked for this post
    Likes karenlatlas, crochetdiva liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is very nice!!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it is absolutely gorgeous! You are so talented and creative, Your mom is going to love it! Merry Christmas!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the kind words. I got it washed last night and it is ready to give to her when we visit after New Years.