Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  2
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Betty Boop

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Davena, Very Nice. It looks like you did some outlining w/thread too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Davena View Post
    I started this afghan for my sister who is a big Betty Boop fan , three years ago. It is quite easy to do but very time consuming. I crocheted the afghan ,using half double crochet stitch , up so far and than started cross stitching the pattern on to it , and than crocheted some more afghan about twelve inches and cross stitched some more. Well life got in the way and on going health issues and several surgeries later, I finally finished her and delivered it to my sis. The look on her face gave me all the thanks I needed from her. She was actually in shock , I think. I have never been able to post a picture here, but I did finally post a picture on another site I belong so hope you can view it here. Maybe some one can help walk me through the steps to posting a picture, as I must be missing something and doing something wrong....Thanks for looking

My sister is on the left and yes she looks a bit like betty boop lol. , and I am on the right.

http://static.knittingparadise.com/u...850389-138.jpg
    Beautiful afghan, it looks like a lot of work. Great job!

Post Thanks / Like
    That is amazing work! Love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the lovely comments. Sure makes me feel proud. Merry Christmas to all. Hugs Davena

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Davena,
    Looks like you're on kp too. I'm on kp too. Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you and yours and to everyone on ct.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Davena,
    Looks like you're on kp too. I'm on kp too. Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you and yours and to everyone on ct.
    Hey Jean Marie...what is kp? Patty I always thoughtI kp was ...kitchen patrol!

Post Thanks / Like
    KP is short for knitting paradise which is another site kind of like this , but is more to knitting. There is a bit of crocheting talk, but mostly knitting. Yes I am a member. What is your name on kp, Jean Marie? I use Davena, same as here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your sister really does look like Betty Boop, and your wonderful afghan is truly a work of art. What patience and talent you have to create that....

Pat

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Hey Jean Marie...what is kp? Patty I always thoughtI kp was ...kitchen patrol!
    Ha, Ha, Ha, Patty. Davena, my name is the same as here:Jean Marie.
    mash52 is also on kp

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! This is a work of art....it is fantastic and yes, I think your sister resembles her