Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, Yes I have. I'm started feeling a little guilty so now I'm working on some "man scarf" projects. Got the first one done yesterday and gave it to my boyfriend. He's a truck driver and starts at 5 a.m. every day, so I took pity on him lol. Now I'm working on a few "team color" scarves for my 2 grown sons (Raider fans). But my arthritic hands are slowing me down. They don't appreciate the cold weather. And son #2 has a birthday in 3 days (46 yrs), so I had to run out today and do a little shopping for him. He'll get his scarf at Christmas. I can't believe how quickly it's coming up. I thought I was ahead of the game, but (as usual) I'm going into the dreaded 10 day panic mode. And I haven't done a single thing about decorating my house. I'm thinking that is not going to happen this year. Wasn't Thanksgiving just last week ???? LOL Darn! Well, I can only do what I can do. People will just have to deal with it.
    Happy Holidays to you and yours, may you all be safe and healthy. Victoria

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Victori1724,
    I didn't put up any Christmas decorations yet either. You're not the only one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, that makes me feel a little better. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Victori1724 View Post
    Hi Jean Marie, Yes I have. I'm started feeling a little guilty so now I'm working on some "man scarf" projects. Got the first one done yesterday and gave it to my boyfriend. He's a truck driver and starts at 5 a.m. every day, so I took pity on him lol. Now I'm working on a few "team color" scarves for my 2 grown sons (Raider fans). But my arthritic hands are slowing me down. They don't appreciate the cold weather. And son #2 has a birthday in 3 days (46 yrs), so I had to run out today and do a little shopping for him. He'll get his scarf at Christmas. I can't believe how quickly it's coming up. I thought I was ahead of the game, but (as usual) I'm going into the dreaded 10 day panic mode. And I haven't done a single thing about decorating my house. I'm thinking that is not going to happen this year. Wasn't Thanksgiving just last week ???? LOL Darn! Well, I can only do what I can do. People will just have to deal with it.
    Happy Holidays to you and yours, may you all be safe and healthy. Victoria
    I have a beautiful tree and ornaments I collected and saved through years, cross stitch, ceramic, so many lovelies, even my Nutcracker (both the actual nutcrackers and the ballet collection) I never got to use, but I can't put up the tree any more or decorate it with the pain I have now. We tried a few years back with help from my husband and a grandson, but it about killed me, and I'm sick now as usual in this weather, so none of this will happen here ever again.
    I love the season and for what it stands, the birth of our Christ, but no decorations and it's ok. The ornaments and the lights make it pretty but if the love isn't there it doesn't matter, so I'm thankful for the love and to celebrate as we do. I know that many say Christmas is a pagan holiday and we celebrate Jesus all year, so if we do it a little differently now, so be it! I know we're not pagan... Merry Christmas everyone. The world might go crazy but we still know God's love through it all.
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 12-15-2015 at 08:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Victori1724 View Post
    ]I don't know about energy, I think it falls more into the category of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder LOL. One thing I know for sure, the girls will have to fight over them. I don't have time to figure out who's getting which one. I've got 3 more done since I posted these pictures. Attachment 14047Attachment 14048Attachment 14049

And in between those, my cousin decided what she wants/needs for Christmas is dark red hot pads. That was easy.
    [ATTACH]14046[/ATTACH
    I don't have pics but I hope to with some of the younger grandkids wearing the crochet scarves and gifts they get, maybe later!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Victori1724, Those are all really pretty. Would be very difficult to pick out a favorite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you share the pattern for the poncho look with me? Your crochet is beautiful.