Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  7
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    Patty, today I go to the huge & glorious All About Fabrics warehouse store, which is really hard for me to walk all the way to the back to the yarn, but that's where I got yarn to make my 1st top for $6.00!! I'm going to see about any more 3 DK yarn they may have and see what's good for 50 cents up to no more than $5.00 for a huge skein, like a pound of yarn, for all kids of awesome yarns!! I've gotten normally priced in stores skeins ranging from 7.00 to 15.00 per for 1.00 to 3.00 per, and it's new, some w/brand labels on it, and some with generic labels, but I know my yarn now so it's no problem, I just go in and a glaze forms over my eyes, lol while I soak it all in! They had only enough yarn to fill a grocery buggy the 1st time I went there when we'd just moved here last year. The general public can only go there for the 3 days on the 1st weekend of the month, which I hate, but that next time I went, the yarn area was now it's 4 shelves high and looks like 2 sides of a grocery store aisle - yes, I knew I would have at least some yarn to work with!

I like to buy the 'fat quarter' pieces of material to line handbags and use for other projects where you don't need much fabric, theirs are 1.25 each. But talk about bolts of fabric, wow, this is their website: All About Fabrics | About Us and that main photo is the 1st section full of misc, the other 2 sections are fabrics galore: All About Fabrics | Gallery and they have new specials here: Bed In A Bag | All About Fabrics and this weekend is burlap wreath and bow making time: Wreath Building | All About Fabrics and all Halloween related items are on sale to get rid of them!

Too bad we don't all live closer to each other, can you imagine a trip to that place together and then a crochet and chat party, lol?! What fun that would be
    WQW! Susan, just where is this All About Fabrics Warehouse located..in South Carolina I suppose ...so far outta my reach! I would love it for them to have a warehouse in Indiana close to me! Wishful thinking I guess. And yes I wish we did ,live closer to one another! That party would surely be fun! Yes I have a sewing machine and have made pants and shirts for my 3 boys when they were babies. Even made a quilt for each one of those boys when the had bunk beds and a trundle bed. and now some of the grandkids use them and I think my son in Arkansas has his. Love ya, Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 11-08-2015 at 04:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    A mod podge project-001-jpgA mod podge project-002-jpgA mod podge project-003-jpgA mod podge project-004-jpgA mod podge project-005-jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    That is a really cute decoupage project with the ice cream carton!! I'm a hand crafter from way back, I get into it ALL! Funny you mentioned a tabletop with decoupage, I did a little round one with cartoons on it, and 4 vases that I love and got for next to nothing from the thrift store and used the mod podge to decoupage magazine pics I cut out and did themes, one of spring, veggies, flowers and Americana, and a dessert themed bowl. Here are my pics of the vases, and tabletop while drying with no legs screwed on... (the vases aren't my best work on any crafting in my opinion but I enjoyed it). I posted more crafting below, but since I started crochet I've done nothing else, not even read a single book which is unbelievable!

Attachment 13965

Attachment 13966

Attachment 13967

Attachment 13968

Attachment 13969

Attachment 13970

Not sure if it will load more pics but if it does, this is some long stitch, cross stitch & ceramic Christmas ornaments from the distant past and some paper flower wreaths and other paper crafts, and a sun catcher from the 2000's:

Attachment 13971

Attachment 13972

Attachment 13973

Attachment 13974

Attachment 13975

Attachment 13976

Attachment 13977

I made jewelry from 2011-2012 but there are too many pics and I posted them on here a few months ago or at least the google+ link to my pics there. I have made tons of crafts but it makes me sad that I still haven't quilted my quilt top yet. This link has some of my jewelry and early crochet projects... if anyone wants to check them out you'll see the work of a crafting fanatic, lol!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/10331977...3416339/photos
    HI Susan, really like the vases you decorated. I think they are beautiful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, I am sorry but I think I goofed up our posts. My pictures are showing up in the middle of your post.... Now what do I do? I just wanted to show you the vase I did and the 2 matching plates and napkin holders and I never did complete the total table setting. I used the cardboard centers for the napkin holders and wrapped a wide piece of lace around the center for decoration. Then I did another plate too that just sits in my china cabinet. I think in the cabinet drawer is also a table cloth that matches the blue plates. I don't know what ever happened to that idea but it kinda flew out the window I think.
    I just recently decoupaged a plate for my friend's 103rd birthday. I used the napkins from the surprise birthday party we had for her at our retirees meeting. I was her surpervisor at work about 18 years ago and gave it to her at the next meeting. Sorry about the mess I created in the middle of your post. I didn't mean to hit "reply with quote" but somehow I guess I did. I don't know how to delete it or I would. Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Susan, I am sorry but I think I goofed up our posts. My pictures are showing up in the middle of your post.... Now what do I do? I just wanted to show you the vase I did and the 2 matching plates and napkin holders and I never did complete the total table setting. I used the cardboard centers for the napkin holders and wrapped a wide piece of lace around the center for decoration. Then I did another plate too that just sits in my china cabinet. I think in the cabinet drawer is also a table cloth that matches the blue plates. I don't know what ever happened to that idea but it kinda flew out the window I think.
    I just recently decoupaged a plate for my friend's 103rd birthday. I used the napkins from the surprise birthday party we had for her at our retirees meeting. I was her surpervisor at work about 18 years ago and gave it to her at the next meeting. Sorry about the mess I created in the middle of your post. I didn't mean to hit "reply with quote" but somehow I guess I did. I don't know how to delete it or I would. Patty

Hi Patty, you didn't affect my original post that shows my photos, it just does that when you do the reply with quote where pics are - it's ok, nothing needs to be deleted, so not to worry! ALL of your decoupage is just beautiful, you have great inspiration! You and I are alike with our crafting,you said that same thing when I posted my crocheted birds! It looks like you sprayed an acrylic sealer spray on the vase, did you? Those pieces a re my only decoupage, I just thought it would be fun to try since I'd never done it and hadn't quite yet discovered crochet, now I can't stop it for anything!

I am so blessed to have that warehouse near me, yes, it's in S.C. so you'd have to come visit me to get to go, then head back home, lol! I hope they keep their prices low and keep a good supply too!

Did you read that I got about 50.00 worth of yarn Sat for $12.00?! All DK #3, just like I wanted! The very nice lady who handles the yarn for them was so helpful, and told me to post some things I've crocheted with yarn bought there on their fb page, so I posted a couple of things last night and they replied in comment... pretty cool! My love of crafting has been my lifeline to sanity for ever, probably has been for many of us!

Post Thanks / Like
    A mod podge project-0dd45b2c45de7694a9a65885189294ea-jpgA mod podge project-0dd45b2c45de7694a9a65885189294ea-jpgA mod podge project-1cea92234eec68dd351d00e6792f4c6d-jpg
    Susan, chicken scratch is a kind of embroidery on gingham.

6. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Redhead and Susan, you both did an impressive job with the decoupage. I'll have to try it sometime.

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, I always decoupage on the back side of plates (THEY COULD BE USED AT THE TABLE, FOR DESERT, MAYBE,if I DIDN'T PUT THE DECO AROUND THE RIM) and I decoupaged on the inside of the vase. Probably THAT was wrong but I did burn a candle in it ok. So that shine is just the outside of a clear glass vase. I probably will only put fake flowers in it if I ever use it again. That was the first decoupage That I ever did and am a little smarter now I think. But Thank you for being so nice and understanding about the post! Gotta go take my son to work so I can have the car today. Catch you later...Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 11-09-2015 at 05:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Andreala I love your needlework! Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my, I forgot to add that this wasn't my work. These are just pictures taken off the internet so Susan could have an idea of what chicken scratch was.

Post Thanks / Like
    OH well..I am glad you posted them because I really like them...so that is what chicken scratch needlework is.....very nice! Patty.