It is quite light weight and the skeins are used for needle point, so they are really small. I can make only one stripe on the headband with the skein. I was given a whole bunch of them and decided to try to make the headbands with them. I'm happy with the results. Have many more skeins left but I'll see how these sell first before I make more.
Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
Hi bcampbell, These are so pretty, so colorful with great combinations! I wasn't sure exactly what you mean, but I'm curious since the prices are good but I couldn't tell the weight or skein size. Do you mean lightweight yarn? And what size are the skeins or balls it comes on? Is it affordable for the sizes you get? I searched the weight and average price but they don't make it easy to understand if you wanted to order it, do they?! That would help us all, at least me, lol, to know if we can use it on some of our projects I've not hear the term used before tho. I love it and have done years of cross stitch, all kinds of embroidery and needle point with every type of stitch there is just about. That's why this interest me so, I truly am a serious hand crafter of many kinds, crochet was bound to find it's way into my life eventually!
I still have a lot of my work and am going to picture document them with my new camera, some are on display in my home but some older pieces are in my big hope chest to retrieve them. One thing makes me sick to this day - during one move a whole big box of my delicate handmade pillows with French Knot patterns I designed and did all by hand came up missing. We cannot figure how that happened, but I'd sure love to still have them. Thx!